Daily Pic

Rent and we got about 16” last week. Plenty of room at the end of the aisle to put the snow. It’s not as bad as some aisles where they left piles of snow 10 times this size in front of other hangars.

This isn’t our first issue with the maintenance crews. Step one was get some plowing done. Now we just have to work on the finer points.

That is just wrong, do own or rent the hangar? Not that it really matters?
How inches of snow did you get? Is there any where else they could have pushed it?
I don't think they pushed it there; my hangar looked the same. Central IL generally had ~12" with a LOT of wind, making some pretty decent drifts. They plow as close as they can to the hangars and then you're on your own to dig out the last foot or so.

I flew this afternoon; the big runway is clear & dry thanks to a couple sunny days, but the perpendicular runway hasn't been plowed yet. I'm a little surprised they didn't do it Saturday, but I guess they figure one is good enough. I drove around the T's and it looks like myself and the guy who got his new Vision Jet last week are the only ones who have been in our hangars.

Here’s my hangar this morning from the snow last week. They did an excellent job of piling it up right in front of the doors.

Ah, good ‘ole Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rent and we got about 16” last week. Plenty of room at the end of the aisle to put the snow. It’s not as bad as some aisles where they left piles of snow 10 times this size in front of other hangars.

This isn’t our first issue with the maintenance crews. Step one was get some plowing done. Now we just have to work on the finer points.
16 is a fair bit of snow...and they don't want to hit the hangars with the plows.

Our ice can catch my plow tip and send my whole truck into a hangar or building so easy. So I stopped plowing until it get's warmer. Plus it is real hard on your plow.

Got to go skiing at Paoli Peaks yesterday. It was a great day weather wise.
I did manage to get going way too fast and wipe out in spectacular fashion.
PXL_20220206_205453017.jpg

Wanted to fly up, but this was the runway there. That's some skiing I didn't want to do.

PXL_20220206_232335575.jpg

Ariel view of the slopes.

PXL_20220206_232550392.jpg

A nice sunset on the way home.

PXL_20220206_232512184.jpg

5bc25e56d25f07a79cd8f966880861ea.jpg

4a52833a00d92ed8a37e920823e1f5b4.jpg

For all of those cold weather pics. Here’s some warm weather flying into Turks and Cocos for work.

Flew my Commercial day/night XC to Oshkosh today… where was everyone???

11C13192-0552-4D6A-B2B9-4E9B971A80FC.jpeg

85B16868-D64C-4297-9ECF-2BF0B7848833.jpeg

Flew over Road America on the way up… not as impressive since it wasn’t even plowed…
B52B0F0D-489F-44C0-ABEE-17E637922C96.jpeg

I’ve never seen a HondaJet, except at Airventure where Honda kept it well behind ropes, far away from riffraff.

I’ve never seen a HondaJet, except at Airventure where Honda kept it well behind ropes, far away from riffraff.

I saw one at the expo at TTA a year or so ago. Honestly I was less than impressed. Not that I’d turn one down, but I was surprised how tight it was and if I recall only had 4 seats. Guess I expected more.

All of those lovely fields for an engine out. Nice place to fly.

When I was teaching Private students (here in OK), one of the problems with doing the "engine failure" training was that, with so many decent landing options, sometimes the student would get that "paralysis of choice" or whatever it's called. There were so many options that it started to become a matter of trying to find which one would be even more perfect than the other, and I've seen that indecisiveness result in missing all kinds of things and running out of time. The airplane is descending the whole time of course. I try to teach students to just "pick one, then commit to it", with only rare exceptions if you see something dangerous that you didn't notice before as you come down.

Whereas, if you have one clearing in the woods and that's the only possible option, then your choice is made for you and you can move on to the rest of the stuff.

Whereas, if you have one clearing in the woods and that's the only possible option, then your choice is made for you and you can move on to the rest of the stuff.

Sometimes, even finding the one clearing in the woods can be interesiting. Daily Pic

Back