Current school said won't train in my plane

All of the people that I’ve instructed that have their own planes, had to go through the flight school.
So if I lived near you and asked you on the side would you tell me to talk to the school I've never talked to before? If you don't want to answer just ignore and I'll understand.

So if I lived near you and asked you on the side would you tell me to talk to the school I've never talked to before? If you don't want to answer just ignore and I'll understand.
I’d probably refer you to the flight school.

It seems like most metro areas have a Facebook group for local pilots. Find one and ask the question there would be a good way to go.

Do you know any local aircraft owners? Who do your hangar (or tie-down) neighbors use for a CFI?

Simply asking at the FBO can work too.

Part of the issue for an employee instructor is the cost of insurance when they take on an occasional owner. Purchasing $500 in CFI insurance to give 30 hours of instruction for a private isn’t very profitable.

Back