Current IACRA Student Certificate turn around time?

gdwindowpane

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
gdwindowpane
Any student pilots out there that just recently got their student certificates? Just wondering what the typical turn around time is. My application status is "Transferred to Airman Registry" but no temporary certificate yet.

Thanks!!!

Chris

I forget the exact time table but it took 3-4 weeks longer than what they stated for me to receive my actual plastic student pilot certificate.

I forget the exact time table but it took 3-4 weeks longer than what they stated for me to receive my actual plastic student pilot certificate.

Do you happen to remember how long it took to get the temporary certificate that you can print out?

@Chris Weakland --- when was your submission entered into the system?

Keep in mind that the recent government shutdown is going to add a week or two to the processing times of many things at FAA Central.

And this is why you don't "fix" that which is not broken, we need to go back to the old student pilot licenses

I applied for my Student Pilot certificate through IACRA on December 15,2018 and received it January 31, 2018.

Though the FAA website says there is a 3 week turn around time, this is not so. I spoke with them on January 25, and they said they are way behind.

It was about a week for me to be able to print the temporary, there's a different FAA website that says ;
  • "We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately December 11, 2017 ."

@Chris Weakland --- when was your submission entered into the system?

Keep in mind that the recent government shutdown is going to add a week or two to the processing times of many things at FAA Central.

My CFI and I submitted the application Monday the 29th of January. Status changed to "Transferred to Airman Registry" the next day, January 30th. I think I read on here or another board that once this happens a TSA check is done which is automated and typically doesn't take more than a day. Another CFI at my airport said that I should get a temp certificate within a couple of days after submitting the application. After my ordeal of getting my third class I'm chomping at the bit to get my student certificate so I can solo...

Thanks for the info everyone!!!

Chris

Call the "Interested Airman" phone number. They might be able to fax you something that fits your needs.

But also, keep in mind.... The FAA not only invented "Hurry up and Wait", they perfected it.

Had a student a few weeks ago received the temporary in 6-7 days, and is waiting on the hard copy. Another one applied last Sat, see him this Sat so hopefully he'll have his temp too.

Last edited:
I would imagine that most students if they apply for it at the start of training they will have it before they solo. It really doesn’t slow things down that much and in the grand scheme of things, not at all.

That is exactly what I did. I applied for my Student Pilot Certificate on December 15th, took my FAA written on January 16th, and received my Student Pilot Certificate on January 31st.

I start my actually flight training in March.

Received my Temporary Certificate online today!!! Not bad turn around on the temporary at least.

I'm psyched!!!

Chris

Had a student a few weeks ago received the temporary in 6-7 days, and is waiting on the hard copy. Another one applied last Sat, see him this Sat so hopefully he'll have his temp too.

Received a text from the guy who applied last Sat. Printed out his temporary. So looks like a week right now.

Does the plastic student certificate look just like the higher level certs?? What about the temp? Same thing?

It took about 6 weeks for my son to get his plastic student cert.

This was Dec 2017 timeframe.

Mine was submitted on Dec 26th, I got the temporary one from online about 4 days later, they didn’t email me but if you log on there will be a button for the temp.

I then got the plastic card yesterday. So looks like about 6 weeks right now.

So I completed my medexpress a few days ago, in the PDF was my student certificate just like the one I used to have that needs to be signed by the AME. Is this normal? Or is possible because I was a prior student this populated? Yesterday I did my IACRA registration and it recognized my student certificate from 1997 right away. I have my appt with the AME Friday so I will finish the IACRA app once the medical is completed.

Attachments

• 9CC8209A-AE31-4725-876C-A5B50661E326.jpeg
    9CC8209A-AE31-4725-876C-A5B50661E326.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 33
I am in week 16 of 'review' by the Oklahoma office for my 1st class medical. New to the aviation arena, does anybody know how long I should expect to be in limbo for this? My AME sent everything to Oklahoma because of a previous prescription of an anti-depressant. I had been a cop for nearly 15 years and saw a bunch of depressing things but closed the prescription over a year ago. Apparently, it was an issue for my AME. All I get from Oklahoma when I call is, "it's currently under review."

I have already subjected myself to a CogScreen-AE which has been at the Oklahoma office for three weeks - what else (how much longer) should I expect to be waiting?

Anybody have any thoughts?

I submitted my IACRA Student Application with my flight instructor around Dec 2, 2017 and got my online student temp on Dec 16, 2017 and received my physical card on February 8, 2018.

Here is my timeline. I am a student pilot.

12/21/2017 - Medical Issued.
12/23/2017 - started IACRA application for Student certificate.
1/11/2018 - CFI signs off on Student certificate.
1/16/2018 - Temporary appears online to print.
2/14/2018 - FAA Airman Inquiry shows student certificate.
2/15/2018 - IACRA shows student certificate number.

I’ll update as I get more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We submitted my application on the IACRA website On Thursday of last week, and the temporary was available to print today. Just waiting for the plastic card which I know can take a month or more. Can I solo with the temp? I do I need to wait for the actual card?

We submitted my application on the IACRA website On Thursday of last week, and the temporary was available to print today. Just waiting for the plastic card which I know can take a month or more. Can I solo with the temp? I do I need to wait for the actual card?
Temp is fine to solo. That’s what it’s for.

I submitted mine on 3/3 according to the website

• We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately February 12, 2018.

Back