Curmudgeon/geek alert

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I yelled at the TV the other night.

Character on crime-lab TV show: "This program is so old I had to find a 'six five zero two' processor."

Me: "IT'S A 'SIXTY-FIVE OH TWO' YOU DUMBASS!"

--

carry on

--

PS: Futurama had that processor as an inside joke, years ago.

20110620_futurerama-benderxray-signed.nocrop.w670.h375.jpg

I'd have said the same thing. Not that that absolves you of geek/curmudgeon status. But at least you have company...

Margy gets tired of me saying "Be sure to move his spine around a lot" when the first thing the ambulance crew does on scene is roll someone over.
[Not original to me, I saw on MST3K]

Margy gets tired of me saying "Be sure to move his spine around a lot" when the first thing the ambulance crew does on scene is roll someone over.
[Not original to me, I saw on MST3K]

ROFL! Karen is a nurse and even she gets tired of hearing me say that.

Last night was, "Oh, you're watching the Christmas special where they all lip sync? Cool!"

:)

Bender runs on a 6502? Does he come with the solder tabs as well?

Can we program him with peeks and pokes?

My wife seems to only yell at the tube (old term I know) when Hillary or her supporters/whiners/cry babies are on. :D

I know, we ALL probably yell at the screen when it comes to airplane things. That's usually when I say something like, "That's not how this works! That's not how ANY of this works!" (the line from that commercial with the little old ladies referring to Facebook)

I know, we ALL probably yell at the screen when it comes to airplane things. That's usually when I say something like, "That's not how this works! That's not how ANY of this works!" (the line from that commercial with the little old ladies referring to Facebook)
Aviation wise, I feel you. I took this screenshot of an advertisement while pursuing PoA on tapatalk today . . .

9ea08f249931bac4d3dd49ccd6a243e4.jpg

What do they even mean?! Makes me want to email the advertiser and tell them they are morons.

heh - sometimes you get lucky when you see a screw-up in an ad.

Years ago (the trade magazine date says 2005), I was flipping through the pages and saw an ad. I didn't think any company would have done this on purpose, and I was right. I went to their website, and they had the "real" ad, along with a link to some spoof ads they had created just for fun. Somehow, one of the spoof ads had made it into the print magazine.

I immediately thought of a safety sign I once saw on the door to a laser lab: "Warning: Do not look at laser with remaining eye!"

laser_safety.jpg

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There are two kinds of people in the world. There are those who can extrapolate from incomplete data...

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Last edited:
Aviation wise, I feel you. I took this screenshot of an advertisement while pursuing PoA on tapatalk today . . .

9ea08f249931bac4d3dd49ccd6a243e4.jpg

What do they even mean?! Makes me want to email the advertiser and tell them they are morons.

I read that a few years ago. It's some mine in Russia. Something about it being so deep that the temperature gradient creates turbulence or a vortex or something like that. Didn't sound real plausible. Wasn't an ad tho. Just one of those national enquirer headlines.

I read that a few years ago. It's some mine in Russia. Something about it being so deep that the temperature gradient creates turbulence or a vortex or something like that. Didn't sound real plausible. Wasn't an ad tho. Just one of those national enquirer headlines.
Yeah, doesn't sound very plausible.

I call those things advertisements because they pay to put that blurb in so I would use their service.

The Mir diamond mine in eastern Siberia. A 1700ft deep hole.

In retrospect, some of this soviet stuff is quite funny. The largest diamond found in that mine was a 342ct lump which they named : 26th Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't and those who get the joke. FTFY

Back