Cruelty to Senior Citizens

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
As a recent sexagenarian, I've noticed that companies seem to be using similar packaging for dissimilar items in a cruel effort to deceive us old farts.

So it's early in the morning. I've just gotten out of bed. I haven't put in my contact lenses yet. No coffee yet. Still half asleep, I stumble downstairs and make my way to the kitchen. All I want is a bowl of Cheerios. I go to the fridge for the milk, and of course the refrigerator light bulb has burned out.

The tragic result was inevitable.

upload_2021-9-29_9-47-25.png

Grumble grumble grumble grumble $@#%^&@ grumble grumble.....

Last edited:
Just wait until you use the bottle of siracha instead of the balsamic that you meant to put on your salad.

Reporting for a friend.

A couple of years ago, one of the lawn care companies (it might have been Spectracide brand) was packaging their broadleaf weed killer and their generic Roundup (glyphosate) in very, very similar looking bottles.

Grabbing the wrong one to mix up spray for spot-treating the lawn makes a hell of a mess. Uh, or so I've heard, from someone.

really-crappy-packaging-similarity-282303.jpg

As a recent sexagenarian, I've noticed that companies seem to be using similar packaging for dissimilar items in a cruel effort to deceive us old farts.

So it's early in the morning. I've just gotten out of bed. I haven't put in my contact lenses yet. No coffee yet. Still half asleep, I stumble downstairs and make my way to the kitchen. All I want is a bowl of Cheerios. I go to the fridge for the milk, and of course the refrigerator light bulb has burned out.

The tragic result was inevitable.

View attachment 100509

Grumble grumble grumble grumble $@#%^&@ grumble grumble.....
Aren't people of an advanced age supposed to avoid high sodium foods like broth. LOL

My wife asked me to get Citracal at the store. Standing in the pharmacy section of the grocery, I called her and inquired if she had said Citracal or Citrucel.

In college, we were eating at Burger King one day and I got up to refill my drink and my roommate asked for salt for his fries. I found that they had artificial sweetener in the same "snap" packets that one normally finds salt in. I brought him those. It ended up being pretty disgusting. I had to buy him another order of fries.

My youngest used to love to dip his Cheerios in salsa when we went out to the local TexMex eateries. Got lots of weird looks, but I would comment that unless one had tried it before, it might be worth trying....

I don't eat Cheerios, but if I did, I'd probably opt for chicken broth over milk.

Seriously though, Cheerios is the lamest cereal in the world. Every other cereal soaks up the milk, but that crap just floats like little life preservers. I mean, you might as well just eat it dry.

The package engineers have a pool. The first one to devise a package that causes an elderly person to lose their life because they can't open it wins the pool.

It's open for all types of packaging. Medicine would seem a cinch, although food might have a chance.

Back in the day, we liked to have some salmon with capers, chopped onions and maybe cream cheese. My wife once grabbed the bottle of pepper corns (“by mistake” she claimed) rather than the capers.

Interesting taste sensation.

Cheers

Parmalat always makes me think of F1 racing.

They sponsored the Brabham BT50 back in the day, one of my favorite designs. Piquet driving, at the height of his powers, and that BMW turbo 4 making upward of 1000 bhp in qualifying trim.

bt50.jpg

The cruelty is repaid to the younger gens when you people try to use the self-checkout. Cue "the circle of life" song right about... here.

If any of you guys have spray oven cleaner, you need to throw it away immediately.

And whomever came up with the concept of aeresol lye probably had ancestors running the Spanish inquisition.

A couple of years ago, one of the lawn care companies (it might have been Spectracide brand) was packaging their broadleaf weed killer and their generic Roundup (glyphosate) in very, very similar looking bottles.

Grabbing the wrong one to mix up spray for spot-treating the lawn makes a hell of a mess. Uh, or so I've heard, from someone.

My wife gave our lawn a severe case of measles.
I was chem fallowing with truck sprayer and she helped her self to the roundup.
A one quart spray bottle makes a good many brown spots where Dandy Lions play. :)

Hardest damn medicine to get into is the tiny bubble packed anti-diarrhea pills….just when you need quick relief.

Always keep a box or two on hand for when the fresh milk runs out between trips to the store.

If you were really old you would make a daily trip to the store and buy milk in those 16oz bottles.

Caption on an old Gary Larson 'The Far Side' cartoon.

Man brushing teeth in front of mirror. Woman behind him wearing glasses reading tube...

"Why does your toothpaste 'eliminate itching while reducing swelling?'"

Last edited:
Caption on an old Gary Larson 'The Far Side' cartoon.

Man brushing teeth in front of mirror. Woman behind him wearing glasses reading tube...

"Why does your toothpaste "eliminate itching while reducing swelling?"

Can’t find that one online, but I enjoyed looking. Here’s one:

0aedfec406281c7ad0bfe38c7bf71907.jpg

This morning while getting dressed, I dropped my wallet.

While I was bent over to pick it up, I was trying to think of what else I could do while I'm down here....

Parmalat? Is this another common thing I've managed to not know about after 30-some years on this planet?

Many years ago, I used to occasionally chew tobacco. Once, I stopped to visit my dad, and Monday night football was on. I was chewing that evening and spitting in a pop bottle. My dad just happened to fall asleep during the game, and when he woke up, he was thirsty, (and probably a little groggy) and he grabbed my spit bottle that was sitting on a small table between the two recliners we were sitting on, and took a drink. Just the thinking about that still to this day makes me queasy.

I didn’t know they made a specific laxative for women. I’m afraid to ask what the difference is…
I could tell you... But then I'd have to... Well you know...

Back