Crossed the final hurdle today

You, you mean all this time you were a ferner and didn't tell us?!

Congrats! Welcome to America. Watch your six.

You, you mean all this time you were a ferner and didn't tell us?!

Congrats! Welcome to America. Watch your six.

Ha ha ... I did mention it a thread or two. No more TSA approval for IR ... yeweeha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome.!!! I know you had to work for it and probably had more than a few headaches along the way.

My wife was a little worried when they took her green card away and told her she won't need it anymore, then a few seconds later she understood what that meant.

Welcome Buddy..!!!

Congratulations, Just for reference, when did you apply and how long have you been in the States?

Yupp. Am a really good swimmer

Used to work with an electrician who really did (wade) cross the river. He stuck it out and eventually became a citizen. For him a 12 hour workday was a good start.

Anyway, it’s tough learning a new culture and dealing with some of the redneck attitudes here in the US. Congrats for becoming a citizen, may the IRS never cross your path.

Good on ya,, welcome citizen. :) congratulate yourself on doing it right.

Congratulations, Just for reference, when did you apply and how long have you been in the States?

I have been here about 10 yrs, end of May 2018 will be 10 yrs. applied for citizenship Jan 2017. My file is pretty darn boring, and with the plethora of background checks for FAA , green card and other stuff from work, there wasn’t much excitement that the immigration officer could find.

Congrats, dude.

Just hope you get the oath ceremony date soon, and don't have to travel to St. Paul or Bismarck for it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It’s a fairly significant day for me today, I appeared for the citizenship interview and got approved. Oath ceremony in next couple of months.

Congrats! I went to an ceremony recently to watch a friend take his oath. And then to the nearest bar!

That's really nice to hear, and it bodes well for you that you could assimilate yourself into POA's culture so well that many of us had no idea. Welcome!

Congrats! Glad to have you in the leaky boat with the rest of us!

A friend of mine (also Indian, btw) became a citizen a few years ago and had his ceremony on July 4 in DC. Hard to get much more yankee-doodlish than that! Hope your ceremony is as memorable as his.

Time to go shopping for a pickup truck and a shotgun, like a true-blue ‘murican!

India... about 10 yrs back

Well I got an even greater respect for you toughing it out in Fargo. THAT must be brutal!
Congratulations on the new passport approval.

Congrats! in late 1982 I failed my first interview because I could not produce my draft card (I had registered and did not know I needed proof. Really was no card at the time) The Irony was I was I my Army Dress Greens that my Commander had required me to wear for said interview...It was all resolved and in February 14 of 83 was sworn in...one of the best days of my life and remember the details explicitly.

When I became a citizen it was, by all accounts, a rough day. I was under enormous pressure, my mother was screaming and nearly died. It was such an ordeal that I couldn’t talk about it, or anything, for that matter, for a couple years. Eventually I couldn’t remember a single thing about it. ;)

WannFly, your journey to citizenship was difficult, demanding, and a personal choice. For those of us born into our citizenship, it is often lost on us just how significant your efforts were. Thank you for bringing all that you are to our melting pot, and for choosing to be an American citizen.

Last edited:
Back