CROSS COUNTRY FLIGHT PARTNER

aereo712

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Federico
Looking to join someone currently planning a cross country flight across the State at the end of FEBRUARY beginning of MARCH in order to split the cost.

Flying in from Europe and therefore able to start the trip from any location in USA.

Please email if interested.
Thanks

What state? There's a HUGE difference between flying across Rhode Island and Texas.

Perhaps he means across the whole country :dunno:

For your benefit:
dictionary.com
"State":

7. a politically unified people occupying a definite territory; nation.

8. the territory, or one of the territories, of a government.

Regards

If he can fit inside of a Manila envelope and is willing to start in NC and finish on Sacramento, we might just have another excuse for another relay activity.

For your benefit:
dictionary.com
"State":

Regards

"State":

Thing of which the U.S. has 50.

Also see: Wealthy pilots, Honest politicians, Native born taxi drivers

United STATES of America, there are 50 of them, states that is.

For your benefit:
dictionary.com
"State":

Regards
Very true, but colloquially, the USA is often referred to as "the states", plural. As in "going to drive across the states" usually means driving either E-W or W-E, almost never the N-S version.

Respectfully, when Americans talk about a "state", we're referring to one of the 50 United States.

I dunno, my government class textbook capitalized "State" when referring to one of our 50, but did not capitalize "state" when referring to a nation. Was that incorrect?

dtuuri

I dunno, my government class textbook capitalized "State" when referring to one of our 50, but did not capitalize "state" when referring to a nation. Was that incorrect?

dtuuri

I thought it was the other way around... But hell, I was smoking weed at the time.

To the OP.... Really, Wtf?? ....

For your benefit:
dictionary.com
"State":

Regards

And there's your sign! Would you want to share a cockpit, oops 'cuse me, flight deck with this guy? :nonod: :no:

Okay, so we've had a little fun at the expense of the OP and the president (intentionally lower case p)

On to the question. I've got no plans for coast-to-coast run, but if we can move a monkey we should be able to get an Italian across.

How much time do you have?

Looks like he wants to go cross country? Hope he goes to the warm states.

Hi Rob, Hi Ron,
Thank you for your replies.
I am flexible on the time being off from work from Feb 23rd to Mar 7th but I would like to put in the adventure about 8 days maximum for a one way trip.
Yes the southern States are definitely better suited since the time of the year I am planning to do it....
I am ASEL\AMEL current and did a lot of flying in the States in the past and also a bit recently with the pilotsnpaws charity.
Hope to find someone SERIOUSLY interested.
Regards

Ok, so to totally side track this thread, does this offer constitute holding out under .113? Seems not much different that what the flytenow model was...

Ok, so to totally side track this thread, does this offer constitute holding out under .113? Seems not much different that what the flytenow model was...

I vote it's a good chance it does apply if the reason for you going to fly that leg is solely moving him to next point.

If he was along for a planned charity flight (PnP, Angel Flight, etc), then maybe not, since you have common purpose to go there.

No holding out and, since there's no specific destination in mind on the part of the passenger, the common purpose is the enjoyment of flying, ergo, the very type of thing the rules are meant to allow.

dtuuri

Last edited:
So I'm supposed to get in an airplane with a complete stranger from another country who has only 3 posts on here? I don't think so.

I own a couple of aircraft and am based here on the west coast at KSNA. I have a PA-30B twin comanche, PA28R-180 arrow and a PA28-140 cherokee. Pick your plane and tell me how much you are willing to pay. Please PM me.

I own a couple of aircraft and am based here on the west coast at KSNA. I have a PA-30B twin comanche, PA28R-180 arrow and a PA28-140 cherokee. Pick your plane and tell me how much you are willing to pay. Please PM me.

:popcorn: Welcome to the forum, I fixed that for you.

dtuuri

Do I have to bold when I want someone to PM me?

Glad to be here by the way!

Do I have to bold when I want someone to PM me?
No you don't, but I thought you'd prefer to explain the monetary limits on the ride share privately. Do it in public, you're sure to have every word painfully scrubbed with a wire brush.

dtuuri

Gotcha. For some reason I thought I asked him to PM me...but I must not have. I just now realized you added the "PM me" part and didnt just "bold" something I typed.
I totally get it, it was late and I was tired lol. I'm a newb here but not a newb on vbulletin forums. I've been around on my other forums since the late 90's, and been witness to many a flame sessions lol. I can tell just by my limited reading here that POA has some serious message dissectors haha. I appreciate you looking out for my slip up, up there!

-Thomas

dtuuri
I think that you're correct. The OP did say, "State," so I think my misuncapitalization was wrong, but we're on the same page in the assessment.

I think that you're correct. The OP did say, "State," so I think my misuncapitalization was wrong, but we're on the same page in the assessment.
I don't know about you, but I was just being a pain in the ass when I made my comment about it :)

Back