Crazy FAA Employee Gets Probation

Daleandee

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dale Andee
Last edited:
...$5K fine.. wow

I guess it's better than being suspended with pay. Must be nice to be 'on the inside'

...$5K fine.. wow

I guess it's better than being suspended with pay. Must be nice to be 'on the inside'

I liked the "she agreed to resign" part of the conversation. LOL!
What ever happened to, "you're fired and we're throwing you under the jail because your premeditated stupidity nearly cost a lot of human lives!"

She also lost her retirement benefits. But yeah, this is a slap on the wrist.

I'm delighted to learn about her losing retirement benefits. There are lots of stories of governmental employees (state, local, and federal) who get fired for various egregious acts. I always wonder about what happens when you fire a 26-year employee - seems like they'd just retire and live off a sweet pension? I hope they all lose their retirement benefits (which I think is far more than a slap on the wrist).

I scanned the Yahoo and BI articles... but no mention of how she caused the comm blackout... did she just keep her thumb on the xmit button for two minutes to tie up the freq or something?

Maybe I missed it, but why did she do this?

unnamed-jpg.93839

"HAHA.... just kidding!"

I guess she was testing out whether IFR lost comm procedures really work?

She also lost her retirement benefits. But yeah, this is a slap on the wrist.

"As a result, DeCosta lost her retirement benefits - estimated by the DoJ to have been worth more than $500,000."

That sounds like more than a slap on the wrist.

If I could tell the story in full I would...but N7430J demise at the hands of a FFA employee who was on the run and wanted on warrants....taking his child with him let me know how the FAA priorities work...
http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2018/09/piper-pa-28r-180-n7430j-fatal-accident.html?m=1

comments get close to the facts....NTSB report calling kidnapping a child five weeks earlier a family vacation....just bizarre...

Last edited:
If I could tell the story in full I would...but N7430J demise at the hands of a FFA employee who was on the run and wanted on warrants....taking his child with him let me know how the FAA priorities work...
http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2018/09/piper-pa-28r-180-n7430j-fatal-accident.html?m=1

comments get close to the facts....NTSB report calling kidnapping a child five weeks earlier a family vacation....just bizarre...

Yulp ... I'm somewhat familiar with that story. It's an incredible tale that should have been a movie, if it isn't already.

What ever happened to, "you're fired and we're throwing you under the jail because your premeditated stupidity nearly cost a lot of human lives!"
Like most skilled professions there's probably a long process to fire people. For instance, firing a teacher can easily go from a few months to a few years.

"As a result, DeCosta lost her retirement benefits - estimated by the DoJ to have been worth more than $500,000."

That sounds like more than a slap on the wrist.

Should have been jail in addition considering all the peoples' lives she put at stake.

This is a very unsettling last comment from just six months ago...

Unknown Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:30:00 AM EDT
Yesterday marks the 2 year anniversary of this idiot going to hell, I have tried to seek justice for his insanity on my behalf, FAA could care less that he made perverted remarks to me personally asking for sexual favors. I have it recorded, when I release it, heads are going to roll and they will be sorry

Like most skilled professions there's probably a long process to fire people. For instance, firing a teacher can easily go from a few months to a few years.

I get what you are saying and you're correct. It was quite a rhetorical question to be sure.

I'm delighted to learn about her losing retirement benefits. There are lots of stories of governmental employees (state, local, and federal) who get fired for various egregious acts. I always wonder about what happens when you fire a 26-year employee - seems like they'd just retire and live off a sweet pension? I hope they all lose their retirement benefits (which I think is far more than a slap on the wrist).
Well, I'm not sure the loss of one's retirement is something I'd be delighted in, although it's a very good reason that the government shouldn't have pension plans at all. If I do something stupid at work and get fired, I don't lose everything I have in my 401k.

I'm fine with her being fired and also getting whatever fines/ legal penalties that may be levied on her, but I don't think losing earned benefits is something that should be on the table as it affects everyone differently. An employee who had the same violations as her but only a few years "in the system" would only lose a few years of potential pension benefits, loses 26 years. Pretty big imbalance of penalties for the same crimes.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I don't understand why she's not in prison, if one of us maliciously caused a communications blackout between aircraft we have the book thrown at us. This lady just gets a $5,000 fine and a resignation.. disgusting and absolutely disgraceful

.. and folks out there wonder why people don't trust the system and their government

I looked at the actual documents of her case, there is really nothing in there on what she allegedly did. All they say are 'we could put you in prison for decades, just sign here and it all goes away'.

I looked at the actual documents of her case, there is really nothing in there on what she allegedly did.

I couldn't find what actions she did to cause this either but it does say that it happened twice.

But I'd like to tip my hat to the vast majority of extremely professional controllers that uphold their very high level of integrity everyday. Thank you!

Well, I'm not sure the loss of one's retirement is something I'd be delighted in, although it's a very good reason that the government shouldn't have pension plans at all. If I do something stupid at work and get fired, I don't lose everything I have in my 401k.

Federal employees have access to their own 401k plan as well, called the TSP. Includes matching funds too.

I get what you are saying and you're correct. It was quite a rhetorical question to be sure.
I'm shocked they didn't run out the clock. Negotiate a severance package.

They didn't even do the "rubber room".

I didn't see anything in the plea agreement forfeiting retirement, just that she has to resign. When I looked into hiring on with the feds a number of years ago, I didn't see anything that would make your FERS pension disappear if you dont work with them until you reach full retirement age. As I recall it, the eligibility just sits there and you can start drawing once you hit the statutory age.

Back