CPAP travel data collection

Jdm

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jdm
Hey folks,

I’ve been using the ResMed Auto Sense for home and occasional travel. Been doing this for 3 years now and can honestly say that I couldn’t be happier or more pleased with my sleep quality.

Problem is I’ve now taken a full time flying job that’s going to require significantly more travel. Because of this I’m considering purchasing a smaller travel size CPAP but I’m concerned about data collection.

With the ResMed home model it couldn’t be easier. Just print out the yearly report and hand it to the AME.
None of the travel size units will sink up with my ResMed app. Therefore I’ll have to track them separately. Seems difficult to show compliance this way.

For those of you who travel with a 2nd CPAP machine please tell me what model you use and how you manage the data.

I’m considering just lugging this big home model around for the ease of compliance data.

Recommendations greatly appreciated!

Two reports, one from each machine, then add an explanation document to explain the gaps in each report are covered by the data in the other?

edit: I use OSCAR for generating reports. I’m checking to see if it can combine data into a single report.

Two reports, one from each machine, then add an explanation document to explain the gaps in each report are covered by the data in the other?

Ok. I was thinking about doing that. Just wasn’t sure how complicated it might be for them to confirm my compliance.

Any travel machine recommendations? None of them are perfect from what I’m reading.

Thank you!!

Ok. I was thinking about doing that. Just wasn’t sure how complicated it might be for them to confirm my compliance.

Any travel machine recommendations? None of them are perfect from what I’m reading.

Thank you!!
I’ve used multiple reports in the past, but that was when transitioning from one machine to another.

No recommendations on travel CPAPs from me, haven’t used one.

ResMed AirMini syncs through your phone via Bluetooth and has a separate ResMed app. Your DME (the company through whom you buy it) can print your compliance report on request. Submit both compliance reports to your AME.

I got a response back: I use a package called OSCAR for reports. It’s an open source s/w that can import CPAP data from the SD card from nearly any brand.

Their tech support forum says you can combine data. You’ll download one SD into a profile called “home” (or whatever you decide) and another into “travel” (or whatever). You then print a combined report. As long as there are no conflicts with the dates, only one set of data per day, it’s supposed to work.

You can find info and download OSCAR here:

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

And the forums are here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/index.php

ResMed AirMini syncs through your phone via Bluetooth and has a separate ResMed app. Your DME (the company through whom you buy it) can print your compliance report on request. Submit both compliance reports to your AME.
I was thinking about this machine as my first choice but read bad things about its data collection. Only one month at a time retrieval, etc. Do you use this one? Happy with it for travel? International travel?
Thank you sir.

I got a response back: I use a package called OSCAR for reports. It’s an open source s/w that can import CPAP data from the SD card from nearly any brand.

I read about this as well. The hard core cpap nerds seem to love it! Sounds great but would probably require another type rating for me to figure out the details of OSCAR.

I was thinking about this machine as my first choice but read bad things about its data collection. Only one month at a time retrieval, etc. Do you use this one? Happy with it for travel? International travel?
Thank you sir.
Make sure your phone pairs with the AirMini each time you use it. (The blue light stays on) Set the app's "Upload sleep data" to "on". All of your data will be available to your DME whenever you need it. You can also force an upload at the end of each trip if you prefer to do it manually.

Check Lofta.com and CPAP.com.

I read about this as well. The hard core cpap nerds seem to love it! Sounds great but would probably require another type rating for me to figure out the details of OSCAR.
It’s pretty simple. Install it, plug in your SD card, and import. There’s one setting you’ll need to check: for most insurance, they count compliance as 4hrs per night, FAA uses 6hrs. You need to verify the setting is for 6 and not 4. Other than that you select “12 months” and then print the report.

Y’all, great info here. I appreciate everything. I’m definitely going to take another look at the Resmed mini now. As long as I can easily and consistently get my data from it I’ll be fine. OSCAR sounds a little less intimidating now also.

The thought of loosing my data has me financially paranoid:)

Y’all, great info here. I appreciate everything. I’m definitely going to take another look at the Resmed mini now. As long as I can easily and consistently get my data from it I’ll be fine. OSCAR sounds a little less intimidating now also.

The thought of loosing my data has me financially paranoid:)

OSCAR downloads the data, so it acts as a backup. Make sure to read-protect the SD card before you plug it into the computer and remember to unlock if when you reinstall into the CPAP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back