Cost of paint job on an RV-4?

DMD3.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DMD3.
What is a ball-park estimate on a paint job for an RV 4? It wouldn’t be anything fancy, pretty much just painting the entire plane one color. Perhaps solid red or yellow. Also, does it get more expensive if you want to paint the wing tips?

https://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=1597461

I’d buy this thing and fly this thing for the posted price (assuming it passes the pre-buy inspection), but a new paint job would definitely be on the bucket list. I’d hold off on going to fly-ins though.

That paint looks great. Is it just that you don't like the color?

You can name her Magenta and tell all your friends your making your own magenta line for them to follow.

Is it just that you don't like the color?

Correct.

But as I said, I’d fly it anyway even if a paint job were too expensive. I once saw a Long EZ the same color, but I don’t know if th pilot was male or female.

That paint looks great. Is it just that you don't like the color?

You can name her Magenta and tell all your friends your making your own magenta line for them to follow.

Paint does look good! I would name it "Bubblegum". :eek::D

It would be an attention getter on the ramp or at the fuel pumps, for sure.

Why not do a partial or full vinyl wrap vs repaint? here's one example...
https://www.planevinyl.com/

The useful load tends to be pretty low for an RV-4 as I recall, so adding more weight might be a concern?

so adding more weight might be a concern?
It's my understanding the weight per square foot of the 3M brand is less than a conventional paint system covering. The down side is that the vinyl doesn't last as long as paint.

But I would think with a huge horn and eye vinyl wrap on each side of the fuselage he could convert that hot-pink cruiser into a modern version of a "one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater...":eek:

It has a cassette player and wooden grip on the stick, that's all I need to know. I don't know why it is so expensive to paint airplanes?

2714-2750-fusion.png

Seems more like a “Pinky” to me. (And if not now then maybe the sun will eventually fade it so)

Back