Corrosion On Propeller Leading Edge

Most times it better to do nothing than to make a big mistake?

So, you guys think it's better to tell the OP to grind on the prop. So the A&P-IA at next annual can tell them to get a new prop. Only makes sense here, because there ain't a sole here got a dime invested, or have seen the prop in question.

Grind on the prop? No.

Run some sandpaper up and down lengthwise along the leading edge, treat and touch up the paint as preventative maintenance allowed by the regs? All day long! :)

Mr Owner finds a pit or stress riser? Get a mechanic involved.

Sending the prop to a prop shop for minor work as has been mentioned? Not me! ;)

A few swipes of sandpaper is going to render your prop scrap? Not on the aircraft I look after! :)

Some metal corrodes. There is a reason many steel fasteners are cadmium plated and/or installed wet (with either primer or sealant), all in a effort to reduce the inherent tendency for dissimilar metals to not play well together.

Grind on the prop? No.

Run some sandpaper up and down lengthwise along the leading edge, treat and touch up the paint as preventative maintenance allowed by the regs? All day long! :)

Mr Owner finds a pit or stress riser? Get a mechanic involved.

Sending the prop to a prop shop for minor work as has been mentioned? Not me! ;)

A few swipes of sandpaper is going to render your prop scrap? Not on the aircraft I look after! :)

Do you know what the prop in question needs?
Do you know the ability of the Original poster?

My Suggestion was to simply fly it and allow it to clean up by its self.

Nope, not at all. :)
So then we are telling some one we don't know to do some thing we don't know needs to be done

Typical of internet

OBTW, are into 125 posts on the best trol I've seen in a while. Wish I could take credit. :)

So then we are telling some one we don't know to do some thing we don't know needs to be done

Typical of internet

OBTW, are into 125 posts on the best trol I've seen in a while. Wish I could take credit. :)
no worries....you'll get your turn. :D

Back