Copy that order!

JasonM

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JM
I don’t eat drive-thru food very often. Tonight I had a late meeting and missed dinner so I thought what the heck and went through Burger King. I was up really early this morning and just a long day in general. So, I place my order for a number 7. Guy comes back over the mic with “That will be $7.39 cents”. I respond with “7.39” and then think WTF. Why did I just say that. :rofl:

LOL.

I have come very close to doing that before.

Also, I have been guilty of driving on I70 and upon seeing the denver city lights, wondering what the altitude was and looking down to see if I could find an altimeter in my car. Derp.

LOL.

Also, I have been guilty of driving on I70 and upon seeing the denver city lights, wondering what the altitude was and looking down to see if I could find an altimeter in my car. Derp.

I was searching eBay for an attitude indicator a while back and discovered that some SUVs (Nissan I think) came from the factory with one installed.

EDIT: It's Mitsubishi

inclinometer.jpg

OP, perhaps you need one of these your car? :D

Last edited:
I was searching eBay for an attitude indicator a while back and discovered that some SUVs (Nissan I think) came from the factory with one installed.

inclinometer.jpg

Would be quite useful for driving in IFR conditions, example:
1316080484_b450cf9fb2.jpg
:rolleyes:

Sometimes as a joke I'll put the attitude indicator app on my phone or Avare on my phone while it's in the holder and "fly" my car around a bit.

Just remember when driving the idea is not to straddle the dashed line.

Anybody ever catch themselves trying to pull back on the steering wheel to slow down? :idea:

Never tried the pull back thing, but one day a bunch of years ago while driving my girlfriends car past an airport, I spotted a windsock and started to put in an aileron correction to the left without thinking about it. Neither my girlfriend, nor the driver of the oncoming car were amused.

BTW... This was going past Craig Field in Jacksonville, FL driving on St. John's Bluff Road circa 1996.

My sister has one of those on her Toyota Forerunner

(I think that Jeep will install them as an option)

I've had folks say that I drive like I was flying an airplane. Hope that meant fast and smooth. Which is how I drive.

You mean you folks DON'T yell CLEAR! when you start up?

(I feel awkward now, going to hide in my blanket fort for a while)

inclinometer.jpg

That would actually be rather useful for using an SUV as it was originally intended -- on the rocks.

Unusual attitudes (called "off camber" in the off-road vernacular) can very easily lead to rollovers.

But they are not gyroscopic. They are just levels, more like the bottom half of a TC than an AI.

Some of you know that I have an unusual last name that is pronounced exactly like a much more common Anglo-Saxon surname. So I typically have to spell it out for people, and over the phone, they usually get it wrong anyway. So very often I resort to spelling it phonetically, as in "Alpha Tango Echo..."

But many times despite all that effort, they STILL end up putting my name down with the common Anglo-Saxon spelling. Grrr! :mad2:

Some of you know that I have an unusual last name that is pronounced exactly like a much more common Anglo-Saxon surname. So I typically have to spell it out for people, and over the phone, they usually get it wrong anyway. So very often I resort to spelling it phonetically, as in "Alpha Tango Echo..."

But many times despite all that effort, they STILL end up putting my name down with the common Anglo-Saxon spelling. Grrr! :mad2:

Such a relief when I get someone on the phone that understands the (correct) phonetic alphabet. Most of the time i'm spelling out my name and address, read back by "m as in mary, b as in boy, c as in cat, d as in david" ARGHHHH

If you are going to make up your own phonetic alphabet, at least make it interesting.

I don’t eat drive-thru food very often. Tonight I had a late meeting and missed dinner so I thought what the heck and went through Burger King. I was up really early this morning and just a long day in general. So, I place my order for a number 7. Guy comes back over the mic with “That will be $7.39 cents”. I respond with “7.39” and then think WTF. Why did I just say that. :rofl:

But did you say it as "seven point tree niner"?:D

LOL.

When I was training I used to keep checking the instruments as I drove the car out of the airport parking lot...and of course, pulling on the wheel to climb the hill.

:D In my continuing quest to have a directional indicator in the car to help overcome my directional dyslexia I got the ultimate electronic compass, ironically called Co-Pilot. (see the manual attached.)

It was a whole $5 on Craigslist.

The company that made it makes the compass chips that go into everything including our stuff and smart phones.

It doesn't have altitude but it does have an incredible route storage based solely on compass direction and distance.

Note how you can choose true or magnetic heading, etc.

Attachments

• CoPilot.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
Getting to hit cruise control all the time,treat it like an auto pilot. good thing the lines are white instead of yellow,on the highway.

I have been known to reach for the trim when I slow down for a reduced speed zone on the drive back from the airport.

Do you do a GUMP check as you "turn final" into your driveway?

I have been known to say "clear final" when turning into my housing tract...

Do you do a GUMP check as you "turn final" into your driveway?

No, but I do have a shutdown flow. Comes from having left the lights on a few too many times.

I sure hope the undercarriage is there on your car. It really sucks when you forget to put the wheels down.

No, but I do have a shutdown flow. Comes from having left the lights on a few too many times.

I sure hope the undercarriage is there on your car. It really sucks when you forget to put the wheels down.

Yeah, the noise that a F350 Crew Cab makes wheels up when it lands is pretty bad.

I have been known to reach for the trim when I slow down for a reduced speed zone on the drive back from the airport.

Just don't pull the Johnson bar halfway up when you want to launch from a short driveway. It doesn't work very well.

So, let me guess...

20 min later....

They gave you a number 4, forgot the fires, a Mt. Dew instead of Coke, and no ketchup packets even though you asked them 4 times?? And $.16 change for your $10 bill??

And they want $15/hr....:rolleyes:

So, let me guess...

20 min later....

They gave you a number 4, forgot the fires, a Mt. Dew instead of Coke, and no ketchup packets even though you asked them 4 times?? And $.16 change for your $10 bill??

I have had that excellent quality of service. Just one of the minor reasons I don't eat at those fine establishments often.

So, let me guess...

20 min later....

I have had that excellent quality of service. Just one of the minor reasons I don't eat at those fine establishments often.

I had a spate of incidents a while back where I would order Dr. Pepper and somehow that got translated to Diet Coke. Ugh!!!

Many a soft drink got dumped right outside the drive through. Never bothered to reorder. I'd just toss it after the first sip and drive on.

But did you say it as "seven point tree niner"?:D

I wasn't that much in the zone. :yikes: Sheeze only a long time pilot could do that. :D but I did leave out the point. I believe I said exactly "seven thirty nine" :mad2: .

I had a spate of incidents a while back where I would order Dr. Pepper and somehow that got translated to Diet Coke. Ugh!!!

Many a soft drink got dumped right outside the drive through. Never bothered to reorder. I'd just toss it after the first sip and drive on.

Anything to do with being in Africa? :idea: :D

Such a relief when I get someone on the phone that understands the (correct) phonetic alphabet. Most of the time i'm spelling out my name and address, read back by "m as in mary, b as in boy, c as in cat, d as in david" ARGHHHH

If you are going to make up your own phonetic alphabet, at least make it interesting.

T as in Tsunami

Back