Copy that order!

I will very often do read backs to customer service people and others who give me things like account or confirmation number ie. two seven mike one Tango Niner or I'll spell my name phonetically for folks. I've not done the car thing though.

So, let me guess...

20 min later....

They gave you a number 4, forgot the fires, a Mt. Dew instead of Coke, and no ketchup packets even though you asked them 4 times?? And $.16 change for your $10 bill??

And they want $15/hr....:rolleyes:

The McD I frequent in Miami is excellent. Two lanes ordering and still give you food almost as fast as you can pull up. Rarely an error but I always check before I leave the food window. Call it a preflight but it a lot easier to fix an error there than 1/2 mile down the road. Couple days ago I was running early and decided to eat inside. The girl at the window saw me parking my car and had my order on the counter when I walked in before I said a word. The one I used before (changed due to a morning route change) was almost as good and would call out my order to me as soon as I said Good Morning at the drive-thru.

Such a relief when I get someone on the phone that understands the (correct) phonetic alphabet. Most of the time i'm spelling out my name and address, read back by "m as in mary, b as in boy, c as in cat, d as in david" ARGHHHH

If you are going to make up your own phonetic alphabet, at least make it interesting.

My insurer (who caters to the military) has no problem when you read a VIN to them over the phone in phonetics. Oddly, I did the same thing to UPS with a tracking over the phone recently and they had no problem either.

Such a relief when I get someone on the phone that understands the (correct) phonetic alphabet. Most of the time i'm spelling out my name and address, read back by "m as in mary, b as in boy, c as in cat, d as in david" ARGHHHH

If you are going to make up your own phonetic alphabet, at least make it interesting.

Lol, before I started flying I used to get irritated at my mom(worked for airlines) for saying "c as in Charlie." Huh? When I think of 'c' I think 'cat' or 'captain.' Finally made sense when I started flying.

Last edited:
Lol, before I started flying I used to get irritated at my mom(worked for airlines) for saying "c as in Charlie." Huh? When I think of 'c' I think 'cat' or 'captain.' Finally made sense when I started flying.

I prefer C as in Celtic. Confuses them even more when pronounced correctly.

D as in Dirigible

Havent done that at burger king (yet), but I have found myself pleading with my wife and kids to use "Zero" instead of "OHHH!"

I was fine with it and didnt notice for years, until I got my PPL. Now it is like nails on the chalkboard.

WUN, TOO, TREE, Uht OHHHHHH:yikes:

Reminds me of the time I pressed my gas pedal(thinking it was a right rudder) to correct the car a bit to the right on the highway.

I lane changed the other day on the 105, traffic slowed - and I was thinking PROP FORWARD would have slowed me down nicely :)

Back