Confused about airspace question

Kodiak

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Kodiak
I missed this question on my test software:

Outside controlled airspace, the minimum flight visibility requirement for VFR flight above
1,200 feet AGL and below 10,000 feet MSL during daylight hours is
Correct answer: 1 mile.

Where is there uncontrolled airspace above 1200 feet? I thought that Class E was everywhere, starting at the surface or starting above Class B, C, D ,G up to 17,999.

Thanks

Doesn’t really matter that it’s nonexistent (or nearly so) in the lower 48...the answer is still 1 mile.:D

4f98d0687598edfe293b1b8fa821a92d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside controlled airspace, the minimum flight visibility requirement for VFR flight above

Where is there uncontrolled airspace above 1200 feet? I thought that Class E was everywhere, starting at the surface or starting above Class B, C, D ,G up to 17,999.

Thanks
"Outside controlled airspace" means Class G. Class E is controlled airspace by definition. See FAR 1.1.

Thanks

Look at post #20 in this thread you started a few weeks ago. https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/class-e.125050/#post-2892672
There is another piece of Class G up to 14,500 in Texas down by the Big Bend. There are more areas of Class G up to 14,500 in Alaska.

Back