Commercial Written Question

Trever Oakes

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KimJongUncle
The question in question basically states that mountain wave turbulence is most dangerous to an aircraft downwind of the mountain flying into the wind..

I understand the downwind part, that's where the turbulence is.

I don't understand how the headwind is any more dangerous than a tailwind though.

The question in question basically states that mountain wave turbulence is most dangerous to an aircraft downwind of the mountain flying into the wind..

I understand the downwind part, that's where the turbulence is.

I don't understand how the headwind is any more dangerous than a tailwind though.

Would you rather get caught in a downdraft while flying toward rising terrain or falling terrain?

I see. I feel dumb now lol. Thanks!

I didn't mean to make you feel dumb. I wasn't sure if that's what the question was getting at, since it was paraphrased. But I'm glad I answered your question.

I didn't mean to make you feel dumb. I wasn't sure if that's what the question was getting at, since it was paraphrased. But I'm glad I answered your question.

I think was just confused as to whether they meant the turbulent downdraft, or the wave turbulence which could be caused as well.

Back