Commercial training, syllabus

Arob16

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arob16
Hi all - I am relatively new to the site, enjoy reading the discussions. I am a private, instrument ASEL, planning on attaining commercial rating in 2016. I am going to begin the instructor search this weekend, and in preparation ,wanted a preview on a syllabus or what I can expect the training to cover. I understand from some research that I can expect anywhere from 15-25 hours of flight training depending on current skill level. Does anyone have a useful syllabus that I can reference for more education? Of course I plan to ask the same question to my potential instructors.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the site! I'm planning on doing the same thing you are, but haven't actually committed to pursuing the commercial rating yet. Still trying to figure out finances, etc..

Every school you go to is going to have their own syllabus, some will be the same some won't. But if you REALLY want to know what they are all based on..look at the PTS:

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_standards/

At the end of the day, if you can perform to the standards in there, you'll do fine.

Try Google for commercial pilot syllabus. Plenty of them out there for free - even from some of the major training publishers like King Schools - and, with minor variations, all the published ones are are pretty similar.

Caramon, keep in mind the PTS sets up the final tasks to be tested and the standards to be met. It is not a syllabus going lesson-by-lesson to find the best way to get there.

Just started the commercial. The school I am going through uses the Cessna pilot center 'king school course' for ground. We sat down and looked through my log books and I'll need the vfr night cross country, 10 hrs for the complex and have the test passed.

Welcome to the site! I'm planning on doing the same thing you are, but haven't actually committed to pursuing the commercial rating yet. Still trying to figure out finances, etc..

Every school you go to is going to have their own syllabus, some will be the same some won't. But if you REALLY want to know what they are all based on..look at the PTS:

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_standards/

At the end of the day, if you can perform to the standards in there, you'll do fine.
This. Take a look at the PTS. The commercial ride is one of the easier ones.

Thanks guys. Yeah seems like there is a fair amount of material similar to prior checkrides, not including some of the maneuvers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back