Commercial sim time requirements are confusing. Can somehow who got a commercial pilot cert with sim time help out?

Are you sure? I'm getting conflicting answers everywhere I researched online.

No offense, but this will be the case no matter what you are researching online.

Even that^^^ statement will not be agreed with, nor this one.

Some of the ones you'll ever see most agreed upon though:

People are crazier than anybody
Driving through Atlanta sucks
High wings are better

You are correct that the 3 hours of “flight by reference to instruments” you did during your private training will count towards that 40.
...so long as it was given by a CFII.

(I don't recall whether he mentioned whether his student instructor was a CFII.)

Ok I get it now.

I get it at all.

I will perhaps not do much sim. In fact I may not do any more sim at all, and stick to a safety pilot soon to build real hours.

Ok I get it now.

I get it at all.

I will perhaps not do much sim. In fact I may not do any more sim at all, and stick to a safety pilot soon to build real hours.

You do know you can split left seat time/safety pilot duties and collect PIC time in both instances don’t you.

Can’t log the landings when you’re right seat, so right seat time wouldn’t fit into cross-country time, but it does count toward total hours.

Last edited:
You do know you can split left seat time/safety pilot duties and collect PIC time in both instances don’t you.

Can’t log the landings when you’re right seat, so right seat time wouldn’t fit into cross-country time, but it does count toward total hours.
Yes. I do. The left seat can collect simulated instrument time and xc time and Pic time but right seat can only get Pic time

Yes. I do. The left seat can collect simulated instrument time and xc time and Pic time but right seat can only get Pic time

Right seat (safety pilot) can only log PIC:
1) While acting as said safety pilot
and
2) Both pilot have agreed that said safety pilot will be ACTING as PIC at that time.

So, be sure you can legally ACT as PIC when planning on doing this. Otherwise it’s just SIC time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back