Colorado POA'ers Sunday 4/11

Have fun! My schedule just doesn't have enough slack in it this weekend to join you.

We'll plan on being at SBS at 11:30.

Do you guys use the enroute frequency 122.75? I'll monitor it.
Cherokee 3687W.

I'm sure 122.75 can be monitored unless the certified passenger somehow manages to let the smoke out of the system...

OK - looks like 11 am at SBS.

My cell is 303-475-7700.

Last edited:
OK, the designated passenger will be at the terminal at KFTG at 0830 and we can play it by ear.

I'm still planning to depart FTG a little before 10.

I'm really going to miss this :(

For those of you interested in more opportunities for pilot get-togethers, you might consider joining the Colorado Pilots Association. Here's a link to upcoming events in their calendar.
http://coloradopilots.org/calendar.asp?menuID=10~10
The ones in yellow are CPA events.

SkyHog? Have you looked into the New Mexico Pilots Association. They do a bunch of fly-in safety seminars every year. We actually thought of joining them just to have other places to go.
http://www.nmpilots.org/events.html

Last edited:
The certified passenger is sitting in the sun in front of the terminal watching the planes go by. It is a much more humane temperature than the last time she was at Front Range...

The certified passenger had a great time. Thanks to Clark for the ride and to Tony for finding the restaurant... oh wait... Thanks to Tony for trying to find the restaurant. :D

Here are some of the pictures I took.

P4110623.JPG

Murphey, StagecoachCO and Clark1961

P4110626.JPG

COFlyBoy and family

P4110625.JPG

Ted the airport cat

P4110617.JPG

Approaching Corona Pass

P4110621.JPG

Steamboat Springs

P4110630.JPG

Rabbit Ears Pass

There are a lot more pictures located at this link:

POA Fly-in to Steamboat Springs

Nice photos, Mari. :yes: What airport does Ted the Cat live at?
Thanks Diana! Ted the cat is a denizen of KSBS, Steamboat Springs, CO. He even has his picture on the wall there. :)

According to Clark, I am up for a 709 ride. I failed to gather all information pertinent to the flight.

The filed destination restaurant was closed, so I proceded to my filed alternate. I dropped my pax off there and went back to the airport to get the second round of pax. While enroute, Clark called and informed me that the alternate was also closed, but that they had found a suitable emergency alternate. Luckily I was carrying more than the required fuel and was able to avert tragedy and make the new emegency alternate without further problems. I failed to get a full briefing that would have included the notams that both the desination and alternate restaurant were to be closed. Only the quick thinking of Clark, Murphy, and Everskyward saved the day.

If I file a NASA form can I avoid certificate action? Do I have to schedule the 709, or will the FSDO do it for me?

I learned my lesson, and will gather ALL information prior to the flight next time.:yikes:

According to Clark, I am up for a 709 ride. I failed to gather all information pertinent to the flight.

The filed destination restaurant was closed, so I proceded to my filed alternate. I dropped my pax off there and went back to the airport to get the second round of pax. While enroute, Clark called and informed me that the alternate was also closed, but that they had found a suitable emergency alternate. Luckily I was carrying more than the required fuel and was able to avert tragedy and make the new emegency alternate without further problems. I failed to get a full briefing that would have included the notams that both the desination and alternate restaurant were to be closed. Only the quick thinking of Clark, Murphy, and Everskyward saved the day.

If I file a NASA form can I avoid certificate action? Do I have to schedule the 709, or will the FSDO do it for me?

I learned my lesson, and will gather ALL information prior to the flight next time.:yikes:
:rofl:

Well, being able to make a good recovery is an important skill to have too. :D

Last edited:
Nice, Mark. Yesterday was a great day around here!

Nice pictures Mari. Damn I miss Colorado. :frown3:

Back