Colorado 4th

There's about a snowball's chance in hell that I'd be up early enough to make the pancake breakfast... LOL... just not a morning person here, but... maybe will shoot for the LXV BBQ on the 4th... I need to go get night current though, and LXV ain't going to be the place to do that!! (GRIN!) So... might fly some other evening instead...

And I'm stuck in Buffalo, NY at the relatives.

[insert you favorite profanity, obscenity and/or invective here...]

You guys are twisting my arm... I'm still thinkin' about it... but there's pancake mix and sausages here. Maybe I should throw a "Flyers who hate mornings pancake lunch" party at the hangar. LOL!

C'mon Nate!! Smoother air in the morning, crossing the divide, and pancakes while gawking at aeroplanes...what more do you need! Set that alarm clock and drink that coffee and come on up!

Thinking about making the hop over the pass. What time ya gonna be there Tony? Eric? I don't have to ask Mark, we just show up in the pattern at the same time...

I can't wander that far away since I am supposed to be technically "available".

The Frankenkota can make it from GNB to APA in less than an hour...

Neglecting that little ridge between the two airports, it's only 58 miles...

I would be happy to pick you up at APA but you have to buy breakfast if we return early...

I would be happy to pick you up at APA but you have to buy breakfast if we return early...
That's pretty generous! I'll have a better feel for it by Sunday evening and I'll let you know.

Ummm, GNB is tomorrow morning...LXV is Monday.

Ummm, GNB is tomorrow morning...LXV is Monday.
Ohhhh.... that's what I get for only reading the title of the thread. :rofl:

Same situation for tomorrow, though. I'll know more by this evening.

That makes more better sense. I was stumbling around and thought I was trying to communicate with my junior engineer there for a minute. :D

That makes more better sense. I was stumbling around and thought I was trying to communicate with my junior engineer there for a minute. :D
We can always blame Mark for not making the title of his thread, "Colorado weekend of the 4th". :rofl:

Well you know how liar^H^H^Hawyers are, they aren't clear about anything unless they're paid to be (and even then it's often muddy).

Thinking about making the hop over the pass. What time ya gonna be there Tony? Eric? I don't have to ask Mark, we just show up in the pattern at the same time...

I'm going try to get off the ground by 630 MDT. Weather is still looking good. Hope there is no fog in the am.

I'm not even going to try to get off that early. More like 7:30. But it might take you a little longer than me.

And I'm VERY clear if I'm paid enough. :)

I forgot that the oven installer is coming for "Round 2" (with the right sized oven this time) to rebuild the cabinet and install tomorrow.

They call between 7A-9A to tell you where you are in the schedule. Which is retarded. So tomorrow's blown until the oven's in.

Found out the old oven was actually holding up the shelf above it and was sitting on two loose 2x4s. Good lord we've found a lot of "handyman horsepucky" jobs in this house over the last 10 years! Every time we start a project we end up saying, "Why the H E double-hockey-sticks did Bob do THAT?!" We liked the folks we bought the house from but Bob was a master of Afro-engineering apparently. He's also passed on now, so RIP Bob.

Poor guy retired and two years later dropped dead of a massive coronary in his garden down in Southern Colorado. Felt bad for the family. But maybe it's better than wasting away, I dunno.

Anyway! No GRB for me. Maybe see y'all out at APA this weekend sometime though. Doug reminded me that I haven't been to SNY in a while.

And watch out for the TFR near BJC for the fire headed that'a'way you guys. Don't clip it!

Nothing on the schedule as of now so I think tomorrow morning will be OK if you still want to try this. I can be there at any time as I am used to those o'dark 30 shows.

Nothing on the schedule as of now so I think tomorrow morning will be OK if you still want to try this. I can be there at any time as I am used to those o'dark 30 shows.

7:30 at your shop? We'll be behind the Bo but in front of the 182 from SBS...well, okay, just behind the 182...

Last edited:
7:30 at your shop?
Do you know where it is? I mean it's obvious from the street side but maybe not so much from the runway side, back behind Denver Jet. I could meet you there or at Denver Jet, your choice. 0730 is fine.

Do you know where it is? I mean it's obvious from the street side but maybe not so much from the runway side, back behind Denver Jet. I could meet you there or at Denver Jet, your choice. 0730 is fine.

No problem, I've been to Denver Jet enough to taxi in on the south side of it. I used to use Denver Avionics...see you 7:30ish.

No problem, I've been to Denver Jet enough to taxi in on the south side of it. I used to use Denver Avionics...see you 7:30ish.
OK, sound fine to me. I forget that you can taxi through that area in a small airplane while we are not allowed...

OK, sound fine to me. I forget that you can taxi through that area in a small airplane while we are not allowed...

Do I ring the door bell once I get there?

Do I ring the door bell once I get there?
Hopefully I'll be outside on the ramp but yeah, otherwise there is a doorbell on the hangar door. There will definitely be someone there from ops.

Hopefully I'll be outside on the ramp but yeah, otherwise there is a doorbell on the hangar door. There will definitely be someone there from ops.

Well then tell them to have a cup of coffee ready :D and see you tomorrow morning.

Oh my, coffee before flying... Didn't you read the pee thread? :D

No worries, I have a travel john, a functional autopilot, and now a semi-qualified co-pilot (do you have three landings SEL in the past 90?) :D

That would be a negative. But don't 1 1/2 landings in a twin count for three in a single? :confused:

Fine but the 1/2 landing bit scares me...was there an insurance claim?

You may catch me. I may have to go around north, La Poudre Pass.

You'll probably have more fun. I'm just going to point the nose up and climb as soon as DEN approach will let me. Last trip I was 16,500 and just south of Longs Peak. The headwinds were staggering but I felt safe with that much AGL.

Back