colon cancer let the jokes go.

One of the nurses when I was taking my wife in for hers gave me the key to making the prep juice palatable. Make it as COLD AS POSSIBLE and use a straw.

As an update... Father in law doing chemo. Was checked into the hospital yesterday because he passed out. Pumped 2 bags of fluid into him and on the third the bladder did its thing. He lost 16 lbs in the last two weeks... "Food just doesn't taste good" he was drinking Gatorade so his electrolytes were good. But evidentially he hasn't eaten or drank much the last 3 days hence the passing out. Mil was home so she called 911.

Has anyone done they're colonoscapy since my posting?!

My mother lived with colon cancer and its metastases for 7 years . .. most of them very good years. . .. no reason its an immediate death sentence any longer. . .

I'm 55 and have had two colonscopies . . .

My 44 year is sis in law just got diagnosed with colon cancer on Jan 1. Stage 4 and it spread to her liver. The tumor was on the outside and she had so symptoms until she had a partial bowel obstruction. There was no family history of cc and she ran marathons with us, so maybe it was just a freak thing. She's a brilliant chemist and chem. dept. chair at a university in Boston and she is driving us crazy with the stats for survival...not that I can blame her. My wife has a colonoscopy coming up now and she's 36. I told her to stop worrying as my barium enima was worse. Cancer just sucks.

My 44 year is sis in law just got diagnosed with colon cancer on Jan 1. Stage 4 and it spread to her liver. The tumor was on the outside and she had so symptoms until she had a partial bowel obstruction. There was no family history of cc and she ran marathons with us, so maybe it was just a freak thing. She's a brilliant chemist and chem. dept. chair at a university in Boston and she is driving us crazy with the stats for survival...not that I can blame her. My wife has a colonoscopy coming up now and she's 36. I told her to stop worrying as my barium enima was worse. Cancer just sucks.

****. I'm sorry for that news.

That it does. That it does. Sorry sir.

Thanks all. What makes me so angry is that I survived impossible odds with my illness and I don't have kids. She has two little ones. Having to lie to them when they ask if mommy is gonna die is just horrible. I can't fathom how parents can function after the loss of a child. Makes all of the petty worries just seem so irrelevant. I hope to OP's relative has some good news.

Thanks all. What makes me so angry is that I survived impossible odds with my illness and I don't have kids. She has two little ones. Having to lie to them when they ask if mommy is gonna die is just horrible. I can't fathom how parents can function after the loss of a child. Makes all of the petty worries just seem so irrelevant. I hope to OP's relative has some good news.

I don't think it's a good idea to lie to them about it, but understand its a tough place to be in a society where few die young nowadays.

Telling the truth was easier for my grandparent's generation. But people died more often and often much younger than we're used to.

Lost an aunt to melanoma. She was diagnosed, treated, and monitored for only a year and both her and the docs fumbled the follow-up ball.

If she'd have pushed or if they had said to monitor more closely, she'd be alive today. By the time they caught it the second time it was well past the lymph nodes and into her organs. Way too long between checkups and way too late. She fought but it got to her brain.

Back