Coddled college kids

Huh???

Most adults can't do that.

Remember you are talking about kids who did the Tide Pod challenge.
Tide pod challenge was a meme started in 2013 on reddit various Chans CH tumblr and the Onion. 2018 when it was largely reported on was the lowest number of reported detergent ingesting incidents per the poison control center. With less than 20 being intentional.

Basically it was media taking a meme and making something up as an issue.

In a way it sorta shows Jeff's point youth knows its memes or trolling for the lulz vs news media and your parents on FB who think its a thing.

Tide pod challenge was a meme started in 2013 on reddit various Chans CH tumblr and the Onion. 2018 when it was largely reported on was the lowest number of reported detergent ingesting incidents per the poison control center. With less than 20 being intentional.

Basically it was media taking a meme and making something up as an issue.

In a way it sorta shows Jeff's point youth knows its memes or trolling for the lulz vs news media and your parents on FB who think its a thing.
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head.

bUt TheSe KiDs aRe eAtiNG tiDe PoDs!

No they're not, boomer. It's called a joke.

Even if they were, I present you this...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/great-goldfish-swallowing-craze-1939-180954429/

And this...

https://www.ripleys.com/weird-news/phone-booth-stuffing/

And also this...

https://www.ripleys.com/weird-news/flagpole-sitting/

Niece has some type of 'preferred off campus housing' apartment. Its some shared deal where you have a common area in what is basically a 3 bedroom apartment. So this semester, the movers and electrician for new girl 'Stacey' show up followed by 'Staceys dad' to inspect the work. A few days pass and valley girl 'Stacey' shows up and promptly asked my niece what it would cost for her to move somewhere else while remaining on the university lease so she can have the place to herself. 'Because just so you know my dad has money, just tell me how much.' Apparently '7.3 million' was more than she expected and no deal was made.

Last edited:
Niece has some type of 'preferred off campus housing' apartment. Its some shared deal where you have a common area in what is basically a 3 bedroom apartment. So this semester, the movers and electrician for new girl 'Stacey' show up followed by 'Staceys dad' to inspect the work. A few days pass and valley girl 'Stacey' shows up and promptly asked my niece what it would cost for her to move somewhere else while remaining on the university lease so she can have the place to herself. 'Because just so you know my dad has money, just tell me how much.' Apparently '7.3 million' was more than she expected and no deal was made.

I hear Stacy's mom has got it going on.

'Because just so you know my dad has money, just tell me how much.' Apparently '7.3 million' was more than she expected and no deal was made.
Your niece's answer was a fine one. Also acceptable would have been 'Good, so he won't have any trouble finding you a different place to live'.

Your niece's answer was a fine one. Also acceptable would have been 'Good, so he won't have any trouble finding you a different place to live'.

Of course daddy could buy her a house in town, but that's not as cool as living right off campus in the preferred off campus place.

I dropped my 18 year old daughter off at a well respected Boston college last week. All her stuff fit within Delta's checked baggage limits. I have every confidence she will overcome life's challenges and find a way to steamroll anyone that get's in her way. She can change a tire and operate an assault rifle, but knows that her Amex Platinum is the preferred weapon of choice in almost all situations. If my daughter is any indication of the next generation, we have nothing to worry about because all three of my kids are more capable and more accomplished than I was at their age. I might have a few more urban survival skills than they do, but if they need to, they'll figure it out before the person standing next to them does and that's pretty much all that counts in those situations.

Still going? Complaining about young people is a sure sign of old age.

hey-you-kids-get-off-my-lawn-297086.jpg

I lived in off campus student housing for a few years. The building was owned by a developer, but the university had first dibs on the apartments for folks like visiting faculty, grad students and undergrads. It was always funny to park my little Honda between the new full-size pickups the undergrads showing up with every year. And they did need the pickup, because how else would they be able to pull their wakeboat and dirtbike trailers.

Back