Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

• Pepsi

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Coca-Cola

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Beech Bonanza

Votes: 20 27.4%

• Total voters
Interesting that everyone has said soda and only one reference to pop. Here in central & southern Ohio, I never hear it called soda. Coke Zero for me when I have one but lately I've been drinking Poland Spring Sparkling flavored water. No sugar - just CO2 & natural flavors. View attachment 50541

That's my poison of choice. Not that specific brand but I like no-sugar flavored fizzy waters.

Wrong! An Arnold Palmer is half iced tea and half lemonade, the CHRIS is half lemonade and half iced tea!

My name is not Rick.

I stand corrected, Mr Blaine.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Interesting that everyone has said soda and only one reference to pop. Here in central & southern Ohio, I never hear it called soda.

Funny. Next door in Indiana where I grew up the terms soda, pop and soda-pop were pretty much interchangeable.

Funny. Next door in Indiana where I grew up the terms soda, pop and soda-pop were pretty much interchangeable.
I grew up in Massachusetts and when I came to Ohio at the tender age of 17 I discovered three things I didn't know existed:
  1. Pop instead of soda;
  2. Chicks who rode motorcycles;
  3. Drive thru beer barns (packies without the booze).

I too don't drink soda anymore because of the sugar. But back in the day between those two, I preferred Coke. But over that, my true love was Dr. Pepper.

Ah, you must have been there at Cherry Hills...

Nope. Never been there. I don't "get" golf. Never have. Plenty of friends like it, dad liked it, mom, aunts, uncles, cousins, but it's one of those things that holds zero interest for me.

We go to the local golf course once in a while for a beer and a burger though. They always seem to deck out the places real nice. They also have a trivia night in the winter but we never seem to make that.

Oh and Prime Rib on Fridays. We never seem to make that one very often either. THAT is one I really should go get more often. They have a reasonable price on them when they don't run out.

The mass produced store version came out in 2001.

Yeah that stuff is "okay" I guess. Too sweet. Have always just ordered it at restaurants whenever in the mood. Isn't a bartender out there who doesn't know how to make one. But most do the half and half thing instead of the 3/4 and 1/4 version.

I'm with Arnold though -- just a splash of lemonade and mostly tea is fine by me.

Or just 100% tea. Ha.

I grew up in Massachusetts and when I came to Ohio at the tender age of 17 I discovered three things I didn't know existed:
  1. Pop instead of soda;
  2. Chicks who rode motorcycles;
  3. Drive thru beer barns (packies without the booze).

You haven't seen anything until you go to NOLA and visit a drive thru Daiquiri store. First experience was what was a converted Burger King where you handed in your gallon milk jug at the drive thru window and they fill it from whatever Daiquiri machine you order.

Cheers

You haven't seen anything until you go to NOLA and visit a drive thru Daiquiri store. First experience was what was a converted Burger King where you handed in your gallon milk jug at the drive thru window and they fill it from whatever Daiquiri machine you order.

Ha! I had forgotten about those! Cracks me up.

Just had my quarterly Dr Pepper today at lunch. All that I am allowed by my wife.

I feel my heart rate increase and blood pressure is going up, I am all jittery, with a slight headache, I can't sit still and the noise in my ears has increased.

Only 3 more months until I can get another one..!!!!

Does anyone remember what used to be an ingredient for Coke-a-Cola?

Does anyone remember what used to be an ingredient for Coke-a-Cola?

Know what you're probably getting at, but you do know polyethylene glycol is an ingredient in Dr P, right? Gives it that smooth texture vs most carbonated cola drinks.

And the original was just carbonated prune juice, which is what the flavor is still modeled after today.

Loved the stuff when I could handle that much sugar. But the flavor history is actually kinda nasty. Ha.

Back