CO PoA Fly-in

Just a bump-up to remind the Colorado people about the Welcome Nick & Family to the Mountains & Extreme Right Wing Religious Organizations next Sunday, March 10.

Destination: KFLY (Meadowlake)
Time: anytime after 11 am.
Topic: it's a pic-a-nic
Bring food, drinks or something needed at a picnic

Good news is the floor is done.
Bad news is 2 deaths in the family so will be out of town for funerals... Sadly our family gatherings have been centered around funerals the past few years.
Have a great picnic!

Sorry about the news, Greg. I don't know my schedule yet for next Sunday. Someone has been lazy about publishing it. :rofl:

I'm tentatively saying yes. Too many balls in the air but if I keep dropping them on the floor, that'll take care of itself.

This assumes I actually remember how to fly an airplane, too. ;)

Sorry to hear about your family Greg.

Where are we going anyway, I missed that part. Haha. (Yeah, I'll scroll back.)

The weather is looking more and more iffy for this weekend. I'll be driving since it's the exact same time door to door if I fly or drive (30 min drive each way to the airport, about 20-30 min flying not counting preflight).

I too have a funeral to attend. Unfortunately won't be able to join.

I too have a funeral to attend. Unfortunately won't be able to join.

Perhaps The Universe telling us we shouldn't welcome Nick & Family this weekend and try for another weekend?

Im ok with moving it to a future weekend. Oir stuff got delayed and we dont have furniture or anything so it might be best for us anyway if it is so decided.

Moving it doesn't matter to me. I don't know if my plane will back in the air by this weekend. Still waiting on mufflers.

It looks like there is a 30% chance of snow on Sunday, not that long range forecasts are that accurate. It turns out that I can come on Sunday but moving it to another weekend is fine.

This Saturday looks worse, but Sunday's not looking good either.
So, how about Saturday, March 30 as a new date?
Or Sunday, April 7?
(Those of us renting planes need an advance date so we can make reservations.)

This Saturday looks worse, but Sunday's not looking good either.
So, how about Saturday, March 30 as a new date?
Or Sunday, April 7?
(Those of us renting planes need an advance date so we can make reservations.)
Either works for me, but It really depends on Nick's schedule.

I'll be there. Just gimme a date! Since I won't be flying in, I have less contraints than others do.

My wife just asked a good question...isn't the 30th Easter weekend?

So... will this happen this Saturday, March 30?
(Current weather shows 20% chance of rain and East wind at 14mph.)

An alternate get-together might be the IAC Ben Lowell Aerial Confrontation, an aerobatic competition at the USAF Academy, on April 20-21.
http://www.iac12.org/2013-ben-lowell-aerial-confrontation-us-air-force-academy Too late to get permission to fly in, unfortunately, but no problem to drive there.

March 30th is tough for me because of Easter. Not that I celebrate it as a religious holiday, but I do plan on spending time with the family, and the family is 6 hours south.

I appreciate the offer of welcome, but it might be best to scrap the idea and we will just meet up naturally as the course of flying happens.

Hey new guy here, just about done with my PPL, should have everything wrapped up early May-ish hopefully.

I would love to meet some new people though, even if I can't fly in I live pretty much across the street from KFLY so I could drive over no problem. :)

Hey new guy here, just about done with my PPL, should have everything wrapped up early May-ish hopefully.

I would love to meet some new people though, even if I can't fly in I live pretty much across the street from KFLY so I could drive over no problem. :)

Welcome....I'm still new myself!

The Frankenkota is airworthy once again so if anyone wants to fly this weekend...lunch and/or safety pilot duties are good.

The Frankenkota is airworthy once again so if anyone wants to fly this weekend...lunch and/or safety pilot duties are good.

Sunday's good for me. Flying Young Eagles on Sat am.

You're not far from me then - I'm out at Constitution/Powers. Maybe we could meet up for lunch sometime.

I have a trip this weekend, that is, unless the airplane is still in maintenance.

Does that mean you're not going to pick up Mark this weekend?

Dakota annual commences tomorrow. Easter family activities booked for Sunday (even tho there's only 1 kiddo returning home for the weekend, and at 20, he can hide his own Easter eggs)

Back