CO PoA Fly-in

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
I was wondering if we should give our newest member to CO, Nick (SkyHog) a greeting. He said this upcoming weekend wouldn't work, but does anytime after that work to be down at KFLY? I can provide a ride.

Edit: I'm in Seattle the weekend of the 16th of March

Last edited:
I would love to be part of this!
I'm a new New PPL pilot, primarily flying out of KBJC (Broomfield). Visited KFLY as part of my night cross-country. Can bring a 152 or 172 from here or ride along with someone else.

I would love to be part of this!
I'm a new New PPL pilot, primarily flying out of KBJC (Broomfield). Visited KFLY as part of my night cross-country. Can bring a 152 or 172 from here or ride along with someone else.

I'll be bringing a 172RG from rocky mountain flight. If you want to come along sounds good to me, or if you'd rather log the PIC I won't be offended if you dont :) Just have to decide on a date.

I also fly out of RM Flight, so I'm wondering if we've met? If not, we should. (Sending EM)

I'm another CO newbie to PoA, based at Denver Centennial. I'd like to join in as well!

Might be able to do something next weekend. With dad's passing, right now I have two houses to clear of snow when this quits. And one has a 100+ yard long gravel driveway...

And if I don't go clear it, the propane truck doesn't get to the tank, the heat stops, and the pipes freeze... :(

The only fun part is... I get to figure out how to drive the tractor with the snowblower attachment! Dad had just bought it last summer and was looking forward to playing with it.

Meanwhile, my 26" dual-stage John Deere will be my trusty assistant here in town later... :)

So... We'll see...

I'm thinking either March 9th or 10th? no idea when/where to meet at KFLY never been there before.

I'm thinking either March 9th or 10th? no idea when/where to meet at KFLY never been there before.
Either day is good for me.

And if the weather is bad, not that far to drive.

I can taxi over. There may be a Young Eagles Event going on in early March which usually means that the EAA Chapter will be serving lunch. I will check on the date,

Scott

Just added two more to the CO-POA list! We're up to 35, including the 3 honorary members. We will officially add Nick at the flyin.

Das 'kota ist defekt. Prop off for reseal.

I may have to be a designated passenger.

I could...um....drive in to KFLY no problem. I'll be driving because I haven't even begun my PPL training yet but it's not far at all from my house.

That Sunday will probably work better, unless you guys want to turn it into a combination fly in/go support the Lobos against Air Force Academy event....which would be a fun way to do aviation. Bring Cherry shirts :)

We will have everything set up at home that previous week, so we should have freetime that weekend on Sunday, and I'd love to meet y'all!

Okay so Sunday March 10th... do we have a time/place yet?

Dakota already booked for that weekend but I'll keep an eye on this.

I'll see you guys there.

Greg, if it's just the Dakota that's booked, but you're free I'm happy to bounce off KBJC if you want to come along as self loading ballast.

Steve

Is it lunch or dinner? I need to get some more hours before I go North.

Does it matter? No mountains between you and KFLY to worry about night flight, unless you take the long way around.

Anyone with familiar with any dining establishments around KFLY? and where to park the a/c? and any preferences for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner?

Does it matter? No mountains between you and KFLY to worry about night flight, unless you take the long way around.
Yeah, but are you excited about flying VFR at night, considering the weather? In a single? I dunno about you, I but I avoid flying at night if I can. If I have to scud it, I will absolutely not do it after dark. Heck I almost killed myself exactly a year ago by flying into a snowstorm in daylight near Abo.

P.S. As it turned out, I have to pass on the opportunity to meet Nick this time, which is a pity, considering the location was within my range.

Last edited:
That's CAP SAREX weekend for me, unless it gets cancelled. (The entire Wing is grounded right now due to some brilliant aeronautical decision-making).

That's CAP SAREX weekend for me, unless it gets cancelled. (The entire Wing is grounded right now due to some brilliant aeronautical decision-making).

RE: SAREX - One of the best reasons to migrate from Emergency Services to Aerospace Education....(*evil laugh*) We don't get called to go out in freezing weather. We have our weekends to ourselves. Andwe don't get grounded because someone in other parts of the state do stupid things.

Any further thoughts on timing? Still on for Sunday, March 10?
Gotta reserve a plane and clear the schedule!

RE: SAREX - One of the best reasons to migrate from Emergency Services to Aerospace Education....(*evil laugh*) We don't get called to go out in freezing weather. We have our weekends to ourselves. Andwe don't get grounded because someone in other parts of the state do stupid things.

Heh. You also don't get punished along with the people who did it, and have to sit through mandatory safety briefings about their stupidity...

Heh. You also don't get punished along with the people who did it, and have to sit through mandatory safety briefings about their stupidity...
I get to sit thru this evening also because I'm listed as mission observer. I'll explain at the meeting.

But back to the topic...unless those who are local to KFLY have multiple cars, I think the best we can do is an impromptu pic-a-nic, to quote Yogi Bear, at the airport. I'll start the menu....

Murphey - cake for dessert. Or maybe brownies.

Last edited:
Okay since it's a picnic event how about we shoot for between meals so no one is starving. 2pm or so work? Open to change.

Last edited:
Good idea. Since it's winter, I think most of us want to be back at our home airports by 5pm for rental/darkness issues, so we'd have to leave KFLY no later than 4pm.

Maybe we should meet at 1 and eat at 2 pm?

I live a tad far from the airport any chance meet/eat at 2pm? I can just show up late no problem if that doesn't work.

Good idea. Since it's winter, I think most of us want to be back at our home airports by 5pm for rental/darkness issues, so we'd have to leave KFLY no later than 4pm.

Maybe we should meet at 1 and eat at 2 pm?

I vote for that.

Okay it's settled then Meet at 1pm (I'll be fashionably late)... Time for N#s and Food :lol::D

Cutlass N5412V... I'll bring the bread (rolls) and butter!

Since the Dakota is booked (thanks for the offer for the ride, Steve) my wife booked me for "this is the weekend we replace the flooring in my craft room, right?" so I guess I'm nailing hardwood this weekend. Enjoy - looks like a nice weekend to fly!

I was informed that I had the wrong weekend! I've got the Dakota (N8303Q) booked for 3/10...assuming I get the floor done this weekend. But probably won't arrive until around 1330.

It's cancelled. So can we expect you and the entire family? I'm including Dino, if he's so inclined. I'll bring dog cookies along with the brownies.

Back