Class b airspace endorsement

BuschPilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BuschPilot
Well to start off, I was taking flying lessons yrs ago... in the process of training I did a class b solo, I had to get the endorsement for it in my logbook (which most of u all know). well on to my question.. I have plans on getting my light sport license.. I was wondering if the class b endorsement could be used for the endorsement in my light sport training?
Thanx

On the surface, I’d say no...different reg.
(c) This section does not apply to a student pilot seeking a sport pilot certificate or a recreational pilot certificate.
As a practical matter, it’s a 90-day endorsement, so how long ag was it issued? “Yrs ago” sounds like more than 90 days. ;)

No. You need a Light Sport class B endorsement from your CFI. (As well as your higher LS speed endorsement)

Say what?

I certify that (First name, MI, Last name) has received the required training of § 61.327 in a (make and model aircraft). I have determined him/her proficient to act as PIC of a light-sport aircraft that has a VH (greater or less) than 87 knots CAS. J. J. Jones, 12-25-2004 J. J. Jones 610610CFI 12-06

I certify that (First name, MI, Last name) has received the required training of § 61.327 in a (make and model aircraft). I have determined him/her proficient to act as PIC of a light-sport aircraft that has a VH (greater or less) than 87 knots CAS. J. J. Jones, 12-25-2004 J. J. Jones 610610CFI 12-06
What does that have to do with the question?

if anything his particular circumstances might mean he doesn’t need that endorsement.
c) The training and endorsements required by paragraph (a) of this section are not required if you have logged flight time as pilot in command of an airplane with a VH less than or equal to 87 knots CAS prior to April 2, 2010.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with the question?

if anything his particular circumstances mean he doesn’t need that endorsement.

My comment was meant as “while you’re at it don’t forget the speed endorsement”.

But you’re right - his solo in B counts as PIC time - and it was probably done in a non sport airplane. So he is probably covered for the speed endorsement.

In theory it should. But the FAA can be funny about required endorsements, so I would get it.

The question is similar to the common one adhering whether a student pilot soloing in a tailwheel needs a tailwheel endorsement.

Back