Clarity Aloft

Adam Weiss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kcmopilot
Not sure what forum to post this in, but thought I'd share.
I bought a CA Classic in late 2017/early 2018.

Over time, the wiring on the earpieces began to fray, first the insulation, then the wiring itself.
Eventually, I started getting an intermittent connection, then none at all.

I sent the unit back to CA for repair.
They noted that the unit was past the 3-year warranty period, but also noted that they had a product quality issue in 2017 related to this type of failure.
They fixed it for free and paid the return shipping, all in a few days' time.

I thought this was outstanding customer service, and since it's rare that I feel a company goes out of its way to take care of its customers, I thought I'd pass it along.

I agree as I've had excellent service from CA. I did go through a short period of frustration with the headset until I learned to use the correct ear tips and figured out how to quickly insert them properly.

I've used various headsets and have not found any that work as well as the Clarity Aloft headset does for both transmitting and receiving.

I guess I have the dissenting voice. I had to send my wife's in for service and it was neither quick nor cheap.

I guess I have the dissenting voice. I had to send my wife's in for service and it was neither quick nor cheap.
Bummer to hear that. What was the problem a what was the resolution? I was prepared for the worst when they said it was out of warranty, but pleasantly surprised when they said it was a known issue and fixed it at no charge.

Damage to the wire running to the little speaker thing that screws onto the earpiece. Cost over a hundred dollars and several weeks of downtime.

I have had a Clarity Aloft for several years and use it extensively, including moving it from airplane to airplane. I love the comfort of it and, once you figure out how to use the earpiece and how often to change them, it is a great headset for me. However, like others on here, I have had issues with fraying cables.

Just this year I sent it back to CA and they did a refurbishment, but I did pay for it and it was not inexpensive. Since then, I have had some issues with the connection and may send it back for repair, but lately it has been behaving better. I am considering buying a second headset specifically for professional use so the one I have can just stay in my plane, but I am not sure I want to spend that much money on another Clarity Aloft product because of the durability issue.

I need to reach out to the company and see what my options are.

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

I bought a CA in 2019. When it did work, it was OK. After 6 months it stopped working. Sent it back under warranty, came back a month later. Worked for a little bit - then Intermittent left ear going out. Then when flying back with my son on board last Thanksgiving it died completely - I took my son’s headset and landed.

Anyone want to make an offer?

Wow.
I’m really surprised to hear everyone’s negative experiences. I guess I either just got lucky, or they’ve made a change to improve customer customer service.

There is no perfect headset; like airplanes, they all are a compromise. They are not built like a tank DC headclamp. They are light weight, comfortable and perform well. I have received good service from the manufacturer. Personally, I will take the CA any day.

The best things about Clarity Aloft are that you don’t lose noise reduction effectiveness when you’re wearing sunglasses and nobody ever asks to borrow your headset.

Last edited:
It's a good headset. It has perhaps the best nc microphone I've seen on one. My wife wears it. I didn't much care for the "in yer ear" style attenuation though now that I've been wearing hearing aids for the past 4 years, I'm kind of used to having things stuffed in there. The down side for me, is I have to take my hearing aids out to use them as opposed to my Lightspeeds that I just put on over the top.

Back