Citation ends up in pond @ Spruce Creek fly-in

Never a good thing for the plane or thePIC.

CJ3, not a cheap one to make into a fishing vessel!!:nono::D

I used to work there and flew out pretty frequently. I'm really not surprised.

The airport isn't that tricky but it's lies right under Daytona's class C and right next to New Smyrna's class D. If you want to get in without talking to anyone, you really have to know what you're doing without busting airspace and flying a good approach, especially landing on 23.

It's a good thing he was landing on 23, had it been runway 5, he would have put it in someone's living room.

I read on another website that it was a single pilot operation and the guy landed with a substantial tail wind and floated down the runway until he touched down with only 1,500 feet remaining. Does not sound like great piloting to me but I'm not totally sure this is all accurate or just speculation.

Too bad for the golfers they took the plane out of the lake. It may have helped bounce some golf balls destinte for the lake back in play!

Did ET phone home? (300ET that is).
Jets can be slippery, especially when wet.
Wet dream for this guy, or more like nightmare.

In the Atlanta Bay case, one has to wonder how the engine(s) can run if one shuts off fuel, ignition and battery as the pilots surly must have done (sarc) before evacuating.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Did ET phone home? (300ET that is).
Jets can be slippery, especially when wet.
Wet dream for this guy, or more like nightmare.

In the Atlanta Bay case, one has to wonder how the engine(s) can run if one shuts off fuel, ignition and battery as the pilots surly must have done (sarc) before evacuating.

Best,

Dave
I forget where I read this, but someone made a comment about the plane being like an abused puppy trying to get away from its owner/pilot. :yes:

This is an awesome video, I think I've watched it 4 or 5 times!!:D Kinda hard to lie to the FAA or the insurance company when the crash is on YouTube! :D

Ah, that's a classic. That was a Danish jet, tail number OY-JET. They replaced it with a new one - Tail number OY-WET. At least they have a sense of humor about it! :D

hqdefault.jpg

6156072008_0859773faf_z.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, that's a classic. That was a Danish jet, tail number OY-JET. They replaced it with a new one - Tail number OY-WET. At least they have a sense of humor about it! :D

hqdefault.jpg

6156072008_0859773faf_z.jpg
I thought that was pretty funny too! And they upgraded to a Sovereign.

I'd hate to be the pilot of that plane! Maybe he was trying to out-do Sully

<Wet crew member> uhhh hello AIG, do you provide pond-side assistance?

Every airplane is good for at least one water landing, some are good for take offs as well. :D

With a butt ugly paint scheme!!:eek:

The more I look at the paint scheme, the more it looks like they actually had a purpose... The lower Blue lines are graduated and represent a "waterline" like on a boat.... The top lines are RED... That indicates the point when people in the cabin start drowning..:hairraise:...:yikes:...:D..

The more I look at the paint scheme, the more it looks like they actually had a purpose... The lower Blue lines are graduated and represent a "waterline" like on a boat.... The top lines are RED... That indicates the point when people in the cabin start drowning..:hairraise:...:yikes:...:D..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back