Cirrus mechanical issue...

Cpt_Kirk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ted Striker
Anyone ever have any issues where the parking brake will not release in the SR22? The airplane will move slightly under high power. Brakes did not overtemp. Previous flight was normal and well within limitations.

Sounds like the clamp bolt in the valve arm is slipping on the control wire, so the arm of the valve isn't making full travel to the off position.

Push the park brake off and apply the pedal brakes hard. Sometimes the system pressure can force the park valves shut pretty tight, and a hard brake application will equalize the pressure on both sides of the valves and let the springs release them.

Dan

Tried everything. Spending the night here. Mechanic is coming in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Apparently it has happened before. It was fixed by going directly to and adjusting the valve on the firewall in the footwell above the rudder pedals (pilot's side).

I can be more specific when it's fixed and I'm back home.

Fixed yet?

Yes, it was fixed the next morning. 2.5 hours of labor.

The cable stretched and over-centered the valve. He fixed it but noted it as an inferior design and only a matter of time before it happens to another unsuspecting victim. Flew home uneventfully.

Yes, it was fixed the next morning. 2.5 hours of labor.

The cable stretched and over-centered the valve. He fixed it but noted it as an inferior design and only a matter of time before it happens to another unsuspecting victim. Flew home uneventfully.

I'm guessing that's a wire wound sheath type "lawn mower-like" cable. These types of cables are common on carb heat controls and even some firewall fuel shutoff valves. The latter one can cause engine stoppage if something slips.

I'm guessing that's a wire wound sheath type "lawn mower-like" cable. These types of cables are common on carb heat controls and even some firewall fuel shutoff valves. The latter one can cause engine stoppage if something slips.

Stuff like that is supposed to be inspected for security and proper operation at every annual. It obviously doesn't, based on what I often find.

It sure is one of those types of cables.

Back