Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I got a Citation X for Christmas.
What did you all get?

Re: Christams Presents

A set of those personalized wheel chocks from Sporty's.

Got an embroidered leather slim-line flight bag from Sporty's from my wife; one son got me a $75.00 gift cert. from Sporty's as well as a collection of three videos of Yo-Yo Ma. What I've watched so far of them, they are excellent, and very relaxing.

Merry Christmas to all!

Jim

I got a cherry Cessna 185 on floats! I also got a refurbished DC-3, sorta like the one in "One-Six Right".

But really, I got a book about Jimmy Doolittle and one about Jimmy Stewart's flying in WWII.:yes:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Judy

I probably won't give up my 35mm usage, but my wide assortment of lenses are fully-compatible with the new http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/sony-dslra100/a100-gen.php.
( with the 18-200 lens(35mm equiv. of 27mm - 300mm)

I sold my Buddy Rich, Ludwig Super Classic drums many years ago; but one of the grandsons has to start...................somewhere.

HR

Attachments

• Krupa Reborn.jpg
    Krupa Reborn.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 19
I got everything i wanted except Money, got Good Health ,Good Friends and Family ,and probably gained about 20 Lbs. this weekend.
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
DAVE G.
P.S. spent last evening on the chatroom with lots of those friends
P.S.S BTW laurie i got a Helo for Xmas (Hess Truck with it on )

Last edited:
I got to give instead of get - I made some boys on an oil rig really happy today when I delivered 620 pounds of assorted Coca-Cola products. Apparently they ran out of soda, not a good thing when you're 170 miles offshore. I can honestly say I've never hauled cargo quite like that before.

Better than that I made 9 other guys really happy when I brought them back to the beach so they could have Christmas dinner with their families.

And I got almost 2.0 of actual IMC and had to shoot an approach to the rig for real. On the way back in, a lot of the weather bands had moved so we broke out on top at 6000' with about 70 miles to go. Beautiful blue sky and big smiles from the guys in the back. I couldn't help but smile and think 'WOW' myself. It was a great day to fly!

Got to fly Mr. P-Baron to see family! Having a great time and I wish all a Merry Christmas.

Best,

Dave

I got the Jepp Intrument/Commerical Book. Now I just need to find a way to make my parents pay for some of the traninig. :fcross:

My wife handed me a package and said "its time you started on this...you've been putting it off long enough". I unwrapped it and found an ASA commercial pilot test prep book. :D

I got nada aviation related... cept a job to help pay for my addiction... and maybe FS X if my girlfriend picked up on my hints. Heh.

And all I asked for was an R-22 of my own!

A $500 donation from my parents, geared at the Javier Flying community outreach program, which enphasizes on bringing flight (rental time) to the youth in the community (me) that can not afford it, and thereby changing lives, giving happiness, and making dreams come true.

You too can be a part of this. Go ahead, look into your heart, pick up the phone right now, and call the "Javier Flying community outreach program" and contribute to those in need (me). Rental rates aren't going down anytime soon, so what are you waiting for?

:D

hehehe

I got nada aviation related... cept a job to help pay for my addiction... and maybe FS X if my girlfriend picked up on my hints. Heh.

And all I asked for was an R-22 of my own!

Gee, William, one of my partners who doesn't fly much anymore would like to sell his 20% of our Beta II. Commuting to PA wouldn't be all that bad, would it? :D

I sold my Buddy Rich, Ludwig Super Classic drums many years ago; but one of the grandsons has to start...................somewhere.

Geez, Harley! You're only supposed to give drums to kids whose parents you hate!

You're gonna get banned from visiting the grandkids! :p

Gee, William, one of my partners who doesn't fly much anymore would like to sell his 20% of our Beta II. Commuting to PA wouldn't be all that bad, would it? :D

Find me a good IT job up there and I'll move in a heartbeat ;)

My wife handed me a package and said "its time you started on this...you've been putting it off long enough". I unwrapped it and found an ASA commercial pilot test prep book. :D

and there's a good reason to put it off. Countless questions on figuring time to station based on relative ADF bearing changes :dunno:, a few questions on weather services no longer available, and some engine management questions with very faulty answers. Yet not a one on proper radio procedures, not a one on working with ATC, not a one on any aspect of GPS. Ya just gotta love the FAA.

Although the above is all too true as you will soon find out, have fun getting your commercial. It is an accomplishment.

I got just what I needed, another airplane, a beautiful TWA 707 331B. Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas.
Ron

I got a chance to spend a quiet day with my wife. This hasn't happened in a VERY long time.

A good friend (& Pilot) got me an Icom A-24. Handheld.
Another had me over for Xmas Dinner
My boss gave me a free lunch, (at a great eatery) 3 days off, and a 10 lb Ham.
His secretary, got me a $$ gift card

It's nice to know good people!!

And Oh!..... I got a great Stress test result, and positive report from my cardiologist.
(3rd Class S.I. Medical, renewal coming up real soon...)

A great weekend with family! Saturday, Sunday and today making the rounds each night at a differnet home (we hosted Christmas eve)with good food, good stories, talk of my parents and family traditions. It was fun to see all the "kids" now young adults getting ready to start thier own families and making a home for themselves. My Dad passed almost 9 years ago and Mom just 3 this past October....seems like only yesterday they were both here.

Mary's folks are so good to me and I actually call them Mom (81) and Pop (83)......as we left tonight my father in law (Pop) told me what a welcome addition to the family I was and that he thinks of me as his second son........Mom said i'm her favorite son in law......Hmmm she only has one daughter.....she's always cracking jokes.....I told her she's my favorite mother in law too. It was a great ending to a fun weekend.

Favorite gifts.....
Sporty's Instrument Rating DVD course and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weather Flying by Robert Buck. Oh....and the nod to get started on my Instrument rating. [/FONT]

I hope everyone enjoyed a safe and happy Holiday! Merry Christmas!

Lee,
Yes!

Leslie opened packages to find King courses for Commercial (knowledge and practical), as well as their G1000 course.

Her dad also gave her the funding for her commercial, in case the 99's scolarship doesn't come through, or her multi, if it does! :yes::yes::yes:

I got copies of a bunch of commercial and CFI books, as well as a copy of Dark Blue World, which we're watching now! I asked for it based on Tony Bill's recommendation on Pilotcast! You can bet that I'll be watching her commercial videos with her, too!:yes:

Well, my folks drove over from Pullman yesterday, so we got to spend the day with them. And our daughter and her husband spent most of the day with us, along with our son (but he's living at home). That was the best part.

Among other things, my wife gave me a Black and Decker electric adjustable wrench. What? Think of a crescent wrench that you can adjust by pushing a button. Interesting addtion to my tool box. Oh, and she gave me a Sony Alpha 100 DSLR with both 18-70 and 75-300 mm lenses. Way cool. The only aviation oriented gift came from my son - Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Guess I'm going to have to build a new computer as that will crater the machine I'm using now. :D

I didn't get much for Christmas this year, everyone is in a bit of a rebuilding mode, but I did my normal Christmas tradition of going to an Elder Care Facility and spending time with some of the people without any family for a few hours. In return I got some awesome cookies from a lady who was afraid she'd have to eat them by herself.

Present wise - my parents got me a set of coffee mugs with a dog on it that looks almost identical to Piper, and a pair of jeans that proves that my mother thinks I am way fatter than I really am. Seriously - 48W30L. I could fit myself, my dog, and at least one other family member in these pants :D

But it was a good Christmas. Good food, time with the family, and time giving a little extra to some people who rarely meet new people anymore. I don't know what else I could have asked for this year.

I didn't get much for Christmas this year, everyone is in a bit of a rebuilding mode, but I did my normal Christmas tradition of going to an Elder Care Facility and spending time with some of the people without any family for a few hours. In return I got some awesome cookies from a lady who was afraid she'd have to eat them by herself.

Good on you Nick. :) What a self-less and generous thing to do. I suspect you got more than just presents for Christmas.

I got an F4U Corsair, paid maintenance and training for 10 years, and a gift card for 75,000 gallons of AvGas......... not

I got some nice shoes to replace my really gross sneakers, and some tool stuff. Tools, my favorite!

The only aviation oriented gift came from my son - Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Guess I'm going to have to build a new computer as that will crater the machine I'm using now. :D
Ah yes Leslie got that too. I told her we'll probably need to build a $5000 machine to really do it justice :hairraise:. Actually, I was thinking of putting together a new machine in the spring, so I'll just need to make sure it's powerful

My oldest son gave me a beautiful mahogony 1/32 scale P-51 Mustang. I put it up on the entertainment center. :):)
My youngest son gave me a battery powered rc helicopter. :):)

Last edited:
FAR 2007. Sigh.
A new Zuluworks flight bag :)
TWO adult-oid daughters home at the same time. :)

FAR 2007. Sigh.
A new Zuluworks flight bag :)
TWO adult-oid daughters home at the same time. :)

No FAR's.

Have the Zuluworks kneeboard, it's nice.

Three brothers, four wives, and 5 grandchildren at my parents place. A zoo, but the good kind!

My present comes when we pick up the 201!

25th Anniversary HP12C programmable calculator.

Len

Very nice I miss HP calculators I love and still use my HP15C. I have a bunch of others but that 15C was the best. I am going to have to order one of those 12Cs. Is HP going to get back into the calculator business again?

My 15C from college is going strong 24 years after purchase. I didn't know you could still get them new. :dunno:

I don't think you can get a 15C new. This 12C is a 25th anniversary edition so it looks like a special thing.

BTW my 15C is from 1985 so it is 21 going 22 years old and works great.

Back