Chinese duplicity

I'm doing my best to avoid Chinese made products where I can. There's nothing positive I can say about China's policies.

GE, Pratt Whitney, Rolls Royce. Who else makes jet engines for commercial airliners? RR is UK.

Stealing is wrong.

In our free enterprise oriented economy, stealing of industrial secrets is done by enterprising individual and commercial enterprises. It’s always been a big problem and it goes on constantly. Our government, our laws and regulations as a control on this activity. Otherwise companies themselves erect defenses against thieves. An ever escalating game of tackle football without helmets.

In their government oriented economy, the stealing of industrial secrets is done by the government, etc.....

It’s wrong and bad either way. Different systems. As a consumer, I’m keeping my pants on and getting what I want from who has it at the best price. And defend our free enterprise system as the better way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think duplicity is the wrong word. Do they even pretend they aren’t doing this?

China has been doing this for decades. Why is it suddenly "news"????

China’s going to China.

Want to know about China, read up on the bodies exhibit.

China is determined to outdo itself as the worst totalitarian regime in all of human history, with its upcoming "Social Credit System" due to be fully implemented in 2020.

It has already affected US airlines who, like any business that interacts with China, require a Social Credit ID number and will be tracked, judged, rated, and punished.

"Credit Management Measures" targeting the aviation industry began being trialled in January and are explicitly described by China as a way to implement the social credit system. Receiving a bad credit mark could lead to airlines being publicly blacklisted, put under "strict management," subjected to more inspections, or face punishment from a large number of institutions including the central bank and other financial regulators.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-controlling-foreign-companies-2018-6

tenor.gif

GE, Pratt Whitney, Rolls Royce. Who else makes jet engines for commercial airliners? RR is UK.

Article stated "..hacking into and stealing intellectual property from a pair of unnamed US and French companies..." and showed a picture of a CFM LEAP engine. My guess would be GE & Safran.

Article stated "..hacking into and stealing intellectual property from a pair of unnamed US and French companies..." and showed a picture of a CFM LEAP engine. My guess would be GE & Safran.

Just a thought but why not re engineer up some designs but with major faults in them and put them up on a weak server.

Why is this news? They have been stealing our technology for two decades, and only now the public is taking notice.

I was once hired as a consultant for a Chinese company, but I bailed out as soon as I figured out that their intention was to learn, understand and replicate US patents.

It’s sad that that country has such a hard time coming up with a original idea.

It’s sad that that country has such a hard time coming up with a original idea.

Well,they did put up a wall to keep out invaders long before someone else thought it was a good idea.

They also invented paper and type setting along with gunpowder, So they can take credit for our first two amendments, freedom of the press and right to bear arms.

And they invented the compass and mechanical clock, both of which make navigation easier.

But best of all, they invented Chinese girls and one of them makes me very happy. :)

But, I guess that is all ancient history.

Well, except for my wife. She's still young. :D

Somebody ought a send them a Garmin 480...they'd have that sob reverse engineered with parts available in about 20 minutes.

Well,they did put up a wall to keep out invaders long before someone else thought it was a good idea.

They also invented paper and type setting along with gunpowder, So they can take credit for our first two amendments, freedom of the press and right to bear arms.

And they invented the compass and mechanical clock, both of which make navigation easier.

But best of all, they invented Chinese girls and one of them makes me very happy. :)

But, I guess that is all ancient history.

Well, except for my wife. She's still young. :D
Also hot-air balloons long before the French, although they didn’t, AFAIK, fly people.

They do an awful lot of interesting chemistry now too.

Somebody ought a send them a Garmin 480...they'd have that sob reverse engineered with parts available in about 20 minutes.

If you think Garmin's manuals are tough to read, wait until you get one in Chinglish.

Also hot-air balloons long before the French, although they didn’t, AFAIK, fly people.

They do an awful lot of interesting chemistry now too.
Let's not forget bagels, and spaghetti!

Many EU intel services do a big business in industrial espionage - steal it, pass to it to industry.

I recall that the French put one over on the Soviets years ago when the TU-144 was being developed. The French knew they had a spy in the program so they began feeding him false information, which he dutifully returned to Mother Russia.

One of the false items was the rubber compound formula for the tires. Apparently the Soviets used it without verification, problem was the rubber was formulated to turn into a gummy chewing gum like mass when it reached a certain temperature range. A temp range that corresponded to a speed somewhere around V1. It caused a lot of problems before the Reds figured out that they had been had.

US companies rushing to do business with COMAC just opened up IP to them

Back