Chicago Flight Schools - Good decision?

Adam500

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Adam
I am interested in completing my flight training to be a commercial pilot in Chicago. I will have a PPL and Instrument Course completed by the time of the move.

I was wondering what impact the weather and flight traffic will have on my ability to complete my hours in a reasonable time frame.

There are plenty of airports in the greater Chicago area that are well suited for flight training with relatively light traffic. Weather is a factor some days as it would be anywhere.

So basically you're just looking to build hours and get your CPL?

I'd be looking for a saftey pilot to shotgun hours with and the cheapest plane y'all could both fit in.

How many hours do you need to knock out? Any complex time logged?

Depends on what part of Chicago you're looking at. I used to fly with a club out of Waukegan (Stick and Rudder), and another club just north of the WI state Line (Westosha Flying Club) Both places were very nice active clubs.

Palwaukee and Midway will be quite busy and probably pretty expensive.

I will have a 141 PPL and Instrument Rating license very soon and, ideally, I am interested in completing my 141 commercial (+ add-ons) and CFI (+ II, MEI) qualifications in Chicago/Chicago area.

Depends on what part of Chicago you're looking at. I used to fly with a club out of Waukegan (Stick and Rudder), and another club just north of the WI state Line (Westosha Flying Club) Both places were very nice active clubs.

Palwaukee and Midway will be quite busy and probably pretty expensive.
I'll check out both clubs. Thanks!

Did you find your aviation school?
From where you are going to pursue commercial pilot training?

Did you find your aviation school?
From where you are going to pursue commercial pilot training?
I'm still looking at schools. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Back