Chevy Bolt?

What's that clickin noise? (Google Henry Cho)

LOL! He’s funny. :)

Everyone who listens to him on radio probably does a double take when the lot go to his show and there’s an Asian dude with a southern accent like his.

Saw my first Model 3 on the way to work the other day. Beautiful car...until I passed it and looked in my rear view mirror at the “grille.” :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks

OMG, I never made that connection before. Now I won't be able to get it outta my head!

I went to put gas in the Jeep yesterday, and there was a Model 3 parked off on the side, like an employee had parked there. Kind of made me do a double-take. An EV parked at a gas station...

I'd happily convert to a system where we record our odometer each year and pay XX cents per mile in tax instead. i'm not trying to get a free ride, but there's not easy way to do it within the current laws

I think this will be the only to upkeep our highway funds. Vehicles are getting better mileage every year so less and less gas tax is being collected. So a mileage tax would better represent the current usage.

Arkansas is looking at whether to raise the gas tax or come up with another system to raise the money.

5E8CCFD2-CF23-4249-8BD0-8A7FDD8AD6CC.jpeg A9206A1E-487F-41FF-A61C-6BFD051D2745.jpeg EAE7F259-4037-47B9-85B8-E469A9D9C33E.jpeg Remember the EV-1? Saw one today. Good documentary called “Who Killed the Electric Car” that details its demise. Only ones left are Museum pieces.

Attachments

• 105558AB-479C-4A3A-9A54-247C48BB527C.jpeg
    105558AB-479C-4A3A-9A54-247C48BB527C.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 2
for us, we pay pretty heavy on the tags ($500/year).

in addition, our other car is a tuned 1 ton diesel, so i buy plenty of gallons of diesel a month. we have the second highest fuel tax in the country. to enable us to tear out arterial roads and add bike lanes for 100 people to use a day.

$500/year? That's what you get for living in a county that voted in that mass transit tax without understanding what it would really do to their annual car registration fees. Glad I don't live in one of those counties. Thurston County is bad enough, but good grief.

OMG, I never made that connection before. Now I won't be able to get it outta my head!

I went to put gas in the Jeep yesterday, and there was a Model 3 parked off on the side, like an employee had parked there. Kind of made me do a double-take. An EV parked at a gas station...

Here's me-

Chevron_Bolt.jpg

I really didn't do this for internet giggles. This is a very small Chevron station in Berkeley, CA and I stopped to buy a Diet Coke for the hour plus drive home. There really were no parking spaces in the non-pump areas. The pumps were available so... Anyhow the irony was not lost on me so I snapped a pic.

View attachment 66380 View attachment 66381 View attachment 66382 Remember the EV-1? Saw one today. Good documentary called “Who Killed the Electric Car” that details its demise. Only ones left are Museum pieces.

It really was an engineering masterpiece for that era. It worked way better than it should have. I am super happy there are at least some left, even if they are just in museums. There are actually a few that still function, most have been deactivated like military hardware.

Back