Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Cowboy - yeehah!
Cheap

Twin

Rating

Can travel to it.

Action multi ratings Groton Conn. Multi comm add on,2195. Aircraft are two Senecas,a little worn in the tooth.

I requested cheap, as the title says.

Thanks to the guys with info shared.

Any of the puppy mills using seminoles. You should be able to do it in a weekend.

Traverse City sounds like a great opportunity for me to hide out for a few days while visiting the in-laws in Muskegon... I'll have to reach out to Tom next time I'm up there.

You might want to consider weather in your equation. October/November around these parts means fewer vfr days and of course decreasing daylight.

That. There really isn't too much to it.

I had a friend go to a "puppy mill" and I went to traverse. He spent $5900 all in. I spent $2100 all in. I dont think the "puppy mill" satisfies the original request.

Same. That's who I am going to for the ATP. Have heard nothing but good things about them.

When are you going to do it ? I may be paying for my ATP training and I certainly interested in hearing about action's offerings. I have until July so I'm not in any rush.

When are you going to do it ? I may be paying for my ATP training and I certainly interested in hearing about action's offerings. I have until July so I'm not in any rush.

Gonna try to take a few days off in the next month or so to get it done. Here is the email I got from them:

Our ATP program is a 3 day course and the cost is $2295. The course provides you with all the ground training necessary to prepare you for the checkride, up to 7 hours of flight training in the Seneca, and the aircraft rental for your checkride. While the vast majority of our students finish within the 7 hours allotted, additional time is available for $325/hr (wet with the instructor). Also, the examiners fee is $400 and you will pay that directly to the examiner on the day of your checkride.

To book the course, we take a deposit of $175 from you over the phone and mail you a course package. The course package will include our training syllabus, the procedures for each of the maneuvers you will be doing, an open book pre-training test, and a Seneca manual. You will be responsible for memorizing the flight procedures as best you can and completing the pre-training test before you arrive for training.

I had a friend go to a "puppy mill" and I went to traverse. He spent $5900 all in. I spent $2100 all in. I dont think the "puppy mill" satisfies the original request.

How on earth?

How on earth?

If by "puppy mills" we mean ATP etc, you'll find that their "ME program" often consists of 20 hours of ground, 10 hours multi dual, a G1000 "transition course" for 20 hours, 5 hours of Redbird simulator training, and so on and so on.

Try Air America FC in Daytona Beach. Duchess for 195/hr, instructor 35-40/hr, DPE 500, get it done in 5 hours, ~2000 bucks all in.

Since it's a rating you can do it on or before you are due for a flight review and "save" the amount that that would have cost you. It's kind of a warped pilot financial logic that comes in handy for justifying the expense of your "hobby" Next flight review, get a seaplane rating and the amount of money you will have "saved" really starts to add up :rolleyes:

Traverse City sounds like a great opportunity for me to hide out for a few days while visiting the in-laws in Muskegon... I'll have to reach out to Tom next time I'm up there.

might want to reach out 6 weeks in advance :)

If by "puppy mills" we mean ATP etc, you'll find that their "ME program" often consists of 20 hours of ground, 10 hours multi dual, a G1000 "transition course" for 20 hours, 5 hours of Redbird simulator training, and so on and so on.

Try Air America FC in Daytona Beach. Duchess for 195/hr, instructor 35-40/hr, DPE 500, get it done in 5 hours, ~2000 bucks all in.
QFT.!

I did an IPC at Action last weekend. The planes are worn but reliable and fly well. Ryan is one of the best instructors I've ever had the pleasure of flying with.

Whatever it is, their website ain't it. But I know a lot of pilots swear by their experience down there.

If the price is advertised on their website I'm not sure how they wouldn't be obligated to honor it.

If the price is advertised on their website I'm not sure how they wouldn't be obligated to honor it.

I've noticed quite a few places that charge more than what their website says(including my local FBO). Told them their website is different and I got, "Oh...well these are the current prices"

Yeah, we have a seneca for $245/hr, I am not sure how much cheaper it can get than that.. Although a Mogas burning Apache or something should shave a few bucks off..

What are they charging these days?

From their website:

VFR Multi Engine Rating $1150.00
2 – 3 days: 6 hours dual, airplane for flight test,
4 hrs. ground school and briefings, examiner’s fee additional.
Pre-requisites: Private or commercial pilot, airplane single engine land.
MORE INFORMATION | BACK TO TOP

IFR Multi Engine Rating $1495.00
3 days: 8 hours dual, airplane for flight test,
4 hrs. ground school and briefings, examiner’s fee additional.
Pre-requisites: Private or commercial pilot, airplane single engine land with instrument rating.
Note: Students without complex airplane IFR proficiency will require additional training.

ATP Certificate $1495.00
Multi Engine, 3 days: 8 hrs. dual, airplane for flight test,
4 hrs. ground school & briefings, examiner’s fee additional.
Pre-requisites: Commercial pilot, airplane multi engine land with instrument rating, completion of ATP knowledge exam, flight experience as per FAR 61.159.
Note: Students without multi engine IFR competency will require additional training.

Multi Engine and Multi Engine Instrument Ratings $ 5500.00
3 weeks: 16 hours ATC 610 dual, 30 hours Apache dual, airplane for multi engine and instrument
flight tests, 10 hours ground school and briefings, (2) examiners’ fees additional.
Pre-requisites: Private or commercial pilot, airplane single engine land, 45 hours cross country PIC experience, completion of knowledge exam.

http://www.prairieairservice.com/multi_engine_training_programs.htm

I called on that 10 years ago and was told the website was out of date, they haven't updated it since.. At the time it was around 200 ish for the twin, if I recall.

I called on that 10 years ago and was told the website was out of date, they haven't updated it since.. At the time it was around 200 ish for the twin, if I recall.
Nice. Not the kind of place I'd want teaching me how to fly multi-engine...

Yeah, we have a seneca for $245/hr, I am not sure how much cheaper it can get than that.. Although a Mogas burning Apache or something should shave a few bucks off..

How much you charge for your CFI services? How many hours you think you can do an ATP in? How much does your local DPE charge?

Nice. Not the kind of place I'd want teaching me how to fly multi-engine...

I am not sure that keeping a website up to date and teaching someone to feather engines and stomp on rudders is too closely connected.

I've noticed quite a few places that charge more than what their website says(including my local FBO). Told them their website is different and I got, "Oh...well these are the current prices"

If I was interested in doing that, I'd mail a copy of the web page and a check to them. An offer and an acceptance.

I am not sure that keeping a website up to date and teaching someone to feather engines and stomp on rudders is too closely connected.
Possibly, but it shows a lack of attention to detail about running a business. When your advertising is incorrect, someone points it out and you've done nothing about it for 10 years....if you don't care enough about that aspect of your business, what else don't you care about?

Twin flying is serious business. It is not the place to skimp. There are plenty of affordable places to get ME training. Why go to one who doesn't care?

Back