Chart correction speed

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
I know the charting office is pretty fast at corrections, but this one impressed me. This chart was under discussion in another venue. I'm snipping it for this post, but it's the ILS OR LOC 36 into OWB. As you notice, neither the IAF on the plan view nor the LOC FAF in the profile view are depicted. A quick look at the 8260 for the approach confirmed it was a charting error.

upload_2020-6-8_11-6-41.png

So, yesterday evening at I reported the discrepancy, saying the identification of the IAF and FAF were missing. Automatically logged by the system minutes later at 9:08 pm My inquiry was closed at 7:21 am today and a corrective NOTAM issued an hour later.

It doesn't end there. In their email to me, they commented that there was not supposed to be an FAF designation on the plan view. I wrote back this morning to point out that I was referring to theMaltese cross in the profile view. Response posted less than 15 minutes later.

(Chart corrections should be in the July 16 update)

If there is something non standard, they want to get a NOTAM out ASAP as a CYA. The FAA doesn't want their chart to be listed as a factor in an accident report.

I know the charting office is pretty fast at corrections, but this one impressed me. This chart was under discussion in another venue. I'm snipping it for this post, but it's the ILS OR LOC 36 into OWB. As you notice, neither the IAF on the plan view nor the LOC FAF in the profile view are depicted. A quick look at the 8260 for the approach confirmed it was a charting error.

View attachment 86514

So, yesterday evening at I reported the discrepancy, saying the identification of the IAF and FAF were missing. Automatically logged by the system minutes later at 9:08 pm My inquiry was closed at 7:21 am today and a corrective NOTAM issued an hour later.

It doesn't end there. In their email to me, they commented that there was not supposed to be an FAF designation on the plan view. I wrote back this morning to point out that I was referring to theMaltese cross in the profile view. Response posted less than 15 minutes later.

(Chart corrections should be in the July 16 update)
They should put these guys in charge of aeromedical.

They should put these guys in charge of aeromedical.
Unfortunately the reverse is true for aeromedical...the more airplanes they can keep on the ground, the fewer accidents.

Kind of like the ultimate safe airplane is built of reinforced concrete. Protects you in the event of a crash, but the crash will never happen because it won’t get airborne.

KOWB Jepp.jpg
If there is something non standard, they want to get a NOTAM out ASAP as a CYA. The FAA doesn't want their chart to be listed as a factor in an accident report.
Especially when Brand J has the procedure charted correctly.KOWB Jepp.jpg

Back