Charlotte, NC PoA'ers

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Who amongst this group is near Charlotte?

I know of @flyingron near Statesville.... But who else?

I'm on Long Island Airpark (NC26). 5 miles due south of SVH.

I'm still in charlotte. still. sigh............

In Raleigh, but it's only 30 minutes to Concord

What prompted my question is @scottd (Scott Dennstaedt) is putting together a weather education event focusing on the Skew-T Log P diagram and how to use it in your flight planning. Details are:

Only 30 days left to get the early bird special for the Skew-T Weather Essentials a live workshop being held at the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites near Charlotte, NC on September 30 - October 1, 2017. If this date is not as convenient, you can also register for the October 28-29, 2017 workshops held at the same location.

Registration is now open and minimum registrations have been met! Tuition for the workshop is $349 for the two day program (price includes lunch on both days). Please note the price of tuition increases to $475 if not registered before September 1, 2017. Seating will be limited, so please register soon. You don't have to be a member of AvWxWorkshops.com to attend. However, Elite members of AvWxWorkshops.com get a 15 percent discount off of the price of tuition. That's over a $50 savings! Visit http://www.avwxworkshops.com first to join as an Elite member before registering for the live workshop. As an Elite member you'll gain seamless access to the Internet Wx Brief Roadmap weather briefing tool and have access to nearly 100 bite-sized training workshops in the online library.
Don't forget, you can bring a friend, companion, partner or CFI for an additional $275 (limit one companion per registration and no other discounts apply). For more information and to register, visit the workshop information pages here (or copy and paste this URL into your favorite Internet browser window: https://www.avwxworkshops.com/forum/read.php?25,872,872#msg-872).

If you are already logged in and and ready to register, just click on the link below. Fill out the registration form and click on the My Cart link to check out. You can pay for your registration by sending a payment via PayPal, mailing a check or by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover).

Members register here >>>

If you have any questions, please feel free to call 704-759-6601 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EDT or simply reply to this e-mail. Whether or not you can attend, please feel free to forward this email to a friend or post it in your favorite aviation forum to let others know about this unique training opportunity.We're expecting a great turnout and I look forward to meeting you this fall in Charlotte.​

Well, while that seems interesting, it is a weekend between Valentines Day and Thanksgiving, which is a 93% chance I am out of town for work. If you are here til Monday would probably be game for a beer or two though.

Back