Changing the oil in a Cirrus (a satire)

No video, but I'd fit a Fumoto quick-change valve...and paint its little handle red, of course! :D

Wait.. are you repairing or replacing that oil? Might need to talk to the FSDO on this unusual practice.

Cirrus owners are rich enough to buy a new plane every time it's time for an oil change. Way more cost effective.

Cirrus should actually use the engine oil as smoke oil. Could run a line from the oil pump right to the exhaust, at least the plane could now run a smoke trail to the scene of the failur.....I mean chute deployment.

I've seen it. Boring video. Just some guy writing a check and handing it over the counter...
But 6PC could take that six minutes and make it into a gripping drama, complete with geese!

HAHA. I uploaded that and the outtakes to youtube but got busy and didn't post links anywhere.

it's weird, youtube makes some video recommendations for you based on what you've watched or searched for. so I was on youtube searching for a video on caulk except I accidentally spelled it ock instead of aulk. I finally realized what I had done after watching the 7th or 12th video or so. anyways, youtube recommended your outtakes video, which in turn led me to the oil video.

I want my prize for winning the Internet today.

I already have like six of them sitting in an unused coffee cup courtesy of Eman. As well as mini penae.

Why would a video about changing oil in a Cirrus be any more interesting or educational than a video about changing oil in any other airplane?

Why would a video about changing oil in a Cirrus be any more interesting or educational than a video about changing oil in any other airplane?

If BiRon did the video, well, shirley you've seen his work? The dude is funny!

Last edited:

Did u watch it? Pretty serious question in a thread clearly labeled "satire". Maybe your football team lost, or u woke up with crabs or something.

Well it was Cajun, and you know how she is. Just don't call her Shirley, or speak to her in the morning before at least 10 am and a bunch of coffee.

I'm just saying "if" you had a video about changing the oil in a cirrus, you could post it here. I don't, but if you do, go for it.
Did u watch it? Pretty serious question in a thread clearly labeled "satire". Maybe your football team lost, or u woke up with crabs or something.

Watch what? Your OP did not have a video linked but just stated if you had one that you could post it. Where is the satire in that?

Someone peed in someone's Wheaties I think.

Not at all. I just failed to catch what seems to be a veiled reference to something that I know not about. Still not sure of where the video is that eman referred to unless it is the one that sac posted in which case I still do not see the satire. Whatever.

There's no video on this thread that eman created, just if there were one it could be on this thread.

Now there's another thread that BiRon (aka 6PC) created that has his out takes & the oil changing one. He even provided a link in #15 above, so there ya go.

This whole thread here was started because I posted some YouTube videos but I did not share them on the form yet. Eman started This Thread to call my lazy ass out for having not yet posted them.

This whole thread here was started because I posted some YouTube videos but I did not share them on the form yet. Eman started This Thread to call my lazy ass out for having not yet posted them.

Last edited:

Some get it, some don't. Since I was essentially targeting an audience of one, wtf can ya do.

Back