Cessna Finger?

Scottman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Scottman
Strange question, but does anybody get a numb finger tip from pressing the push-to-talk button on the 172 yoke? I can't think of any other reason why the very tip of my finger has no feeling after flying.

No, but PTT switches vary a lot and yours may be a sucky one. The $2 ones from aircraft spruce leave my finger dented after a flight and I hate it. My favorite are the big milspec round-metal-dome ones that have an audible snap when pressed.

Same here. I have a pointy one that the avionics guy says he can’t replace with a flatter head.

Nope. If you have to jam it so hard it leaves an indentation in your thumb, there’s something not right with the button.

I also don’t believe this is a medical diagnosis. :)

The technological inadequacy of our planes is astounding. Those itsy bitsy Push to Talk buttons always annoyed the hell out of me. After training I would have holes in my fingers

it is little things like that, literally, that bother me with the overall design and ergonomics of general aviation

It belongs to the FBO... but I'm going to glue a dime to the top of my finger. Good call.
Awesome. I used to pull a Michael Jackson and fly with a gardening glove on just my left hand for that very reason

serveimage

Awesome. I used to pull a Michael Jackson and fly with a gardening glove on just my left hand for that very reason

But did you really have to end every transmission by grabbing your groin and screaming "Eeehewww"

But did you really have to end every transmission by grabbing your groin and screaming "Eeehewww"
What pilots do when they’re solo and behind closed aircraft doors is their business and their business only!

Mine barely needs to be touched to open the mic. Maybe need a new similar replacement? Or a spray contact cleaner?

Strange question, but does anybody get a numb finger tip from pressing the push-to-talk button on the 172 yoke? I can't think of any other reason why the very tip of my finger has no feeling after flying.

Jebus, how hard are you smashing that poor thing?

"Rent our planes for $150 an hour and oh by the way, you'll want to superglue this dime to your index finger to avoid numbness when operating the $5,000 radio in this $100,000 contraption"

Yeah, why is General Aviation dying again? :D

^that's like going to Hertz and the car they give you is a beat up 1974 Dodge Dart with a TomTom GPS crudely glued into a random part on the dashboard

You do know that you can buy a PTT with a big fat button that attaches to the yolk with Velcro and lives in your flight bag, don't you?

11-12100.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back