Certified vs experimental chopper

You'd think for that kind of money, the rotor would at least be a functional ceiling fan, but apparently it is not.

What the heck is ladder for?

There's a desk up there, plus switches for lights.

Wayne

I just noticed that. Gotta little mic on the side as well. Hopefully that’s hooked up to a loud speaker that the parents will love. $40K is a small price to pay for that type of set up.

I don't think that's a desk. I think that's where the controller plugs in. I just spent $20k fixing a ding in one propeller blade. That bed looks like a pretty good deal.

In its latest attempt to reduce manning, combine missions, and hold true to the tradition of building a machine that accomplishes multiple functions very poorly, the US Navy rolls out it latest creation: The Submacopter. Also known as a Helimarine. It may not be able to fly or submerge, but you can be certain it cost a lot of money!

I don't think that's a desk. I think that's where the controller plugs in. I just spent $20k fixing a ding in one propeller blade. That bed looks like a pretty good deal.
According to the description on the website it is.

Our kids helicopter bed is equipped with blue and white exterior lighting and a stunning array of gadgets, like switches and buttons, located on the top deck by the desk.​

Wayne

According to the description on the website it is.

Our kids helicopter bed is equipped with blue and white exterior lighting and a stunning array of gadgets, like switches and buttons, located on the top deck by the desk.​

Wayne
upload_2020-10-28_7-30-37.jpeg

Or “An airborne metal fatigue testing apparatus with all of the aerodynamics of a rotating bag of bricks. An aeronautical single point compromise.“

"Thousands of parts flying in loose formation around an oil leak."

ADULT .... What a strange bed
BOY .........It is a pretend helicopter

ADULT ......What is the ladder for ?
BOY .........Climbing to the conning tower

ADULT ...... What do you do in the conning tower ?
BOY ......... Pretend it is a submarine

I think the market for this must be well-to-do, doting parents, who want to encourage their child to pursue a career in aviation.

Thus insuring that the kid will never have $40K available to spend frivolously on the next generation.

ADULT .... What a strange bed
BOY .........It is a pretend helicopter

ADULT ......What is the ladder for ?
BOY .........Climbing to the conning tower

ADULT ...... What do you do in the conning tower ?
BOY ......... Pretend it is a submarine
Grownups ask the silliest questions.

ADULT ..... why is the tip of the blade bent like that
KID ........ it is for when you have too much gas
ADULT ..... how does it work
KID ........ it lets the helicopter BURP

(for the fixed wingers .... BERP stands for British Experimental Rotor-blade Programme)

ADULT ..... I see it has a cyclic control sticking up in the front of the bed
KID ......... yup , my dad insisted it have one
ADULT ...... why
KID .... he said a helicopter cyclic is the best fun a guy can have playing with a stick between his legs without going blind

I forwarded this to a friend of mine who built an experimental helicopter. He said at $46,000+ this bed cost more than his aircraft.

Obviously this is for...

Wait for it...

Helicopter parents!

13306024.jpg

Back