Celebrity Pilots

"Broad" makes me think of Ernest Borgnine on McHale's Navy. But to be fair, I think even in 2022 "broad" fits pretty well for Ethel Merman.

Since we’re now talking about pilots that are no longer with us, don’t forget Ted Williams. For the younger ones among us, he was a baseball superstar that took time out during the prime of his career to fly fighters.

on at least one mission in Korea, he flew as John Glenn’s wingman.

Last edited:
Since we’re now talking about pilots that are no longer with us, don’t forget Ted Williams. For the younger ones among us, he was a baseball superstar that took time out during the prime of his career to fly fighters.
He certainly kept a cool head.

Nauga,
at the risk of repeating himself

Barbie Doll creator.......Bill Barton
barbie-number-1.jpg

I believe the famous photographer Jack Fleetwood has a pilot’s license.

Yes! He does! Furthermore he’s one of the celebrities I’ve met face to face. I even had breakfast with him one morning.

The Hollywood narcissists just think they’re celebrities but the air to air guy is a REAL celebrity minus the narcissism.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but actor Tom Poston served as a pilot in the European theater of WW2.

I’m astonished that none of you have mentioned me yet.

This same woman had her breasts removed for no reason, citing the excuse, that way she can't ever get breast cancer. Seems as logical as removing your brain, so you don't run the risk of getting brain cancer.
“No reason”???

IIRC, she had a gene mutation which put her in the over 60% chance of getting breast cancer group. One story put it at 87%.

Say what you want about her profession or personal choices but I don’t think you’re in any position to judge someone else’s medical decision.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...-mastectomy-a-difficult-decision-201305156255

“No reason”???

IIRC, she had a gene mutation which put her in the over 60% chance of getting breast cancer group. One story put it at 87%.

Say what you want about her profession or personal choices but I don’t think you’re in any position to judge someone else’s medical decision.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...-mastectomy-a-difficult-decision-201305156255

I know that, and have done much research into it, hence my comments. I to am at high risk for breast cancer, but will cross that bridge if/when I come to it. Removal of a body part, that is healthy now, because it might have a problem later, possibly, is odd. But making it very public, to get publicity from it, that is really messed up!

I know that, and have done much research into it, hence my comments. I to am at high risk for breast cancer, but will cross that bridge if/when I come to it. Removal of a body part, that is healthy now, because it might have a problem later, possibly, is odd. But making it very public, to get publicity from it, that is really messed up!
Make up your mind. First you said “for no reason” and now you’re saying you knew the reason.

I’ll follow this rabbit trail. . . . .

Having been an OB/GYN and an anesthesiologist, I’ve been involved in the care of a few women with BRCA1 and 2 mutations. The question each patient has to answer for herself is, is a prophylactic mastectomy “removing a healthy body part,” or is it “getting rid of the cancer bombs?”

And I don’t disparage her for making it public. Most women don’t know about BRCA mutations. She thinks it’s important, and uses her celebrity to “raise awareness.” Better that than most of the other causes celebrities trumpet.

I once had breakfast with Kenny Rogers. He was just a regular guy. I don’t think he’s a pilot.

The thread started with Top Gun, but missed Anthony Edwards, who played Goose. My understanding is he flies a Cirrus.

Gene Hackman. He was building a Stolp Starduster because he wanted to do aerobatics. I think he was also building a Long EZ.

Remove the professional makeup, hairdresser, fancy clothes, special lighting, and suddenly Angelina will not seem so attractive either.
This same woman had her breasts removed for no reason, citing the excuse, that way she can't ever get breast cancer. Seems as logical as removing your brain, so you don't run the risk of getting brain cancer.
I would hazard a guess she would look rough if you woke up beside her after a nights sleep. Take away the Hollywood glitz, and she is just another person, who seems to have some mental health problems, sleeps around, likes married men, and has no breasts.
Why any man would find that attractive, is beyond me.
Cindy Crawford once commented that when she wakes up in the morning, she doesn’t look like “Cindy Crawford” either….

Not exactly. She had a genetic mutation of the BRCA1 gene that greatly elevates the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

Medicine study indicates that having a mutated BRCA gene increases your lifetime risk of breast cancer to between 60% and 85%, and a lifetime risk of ovarian cancer between 15% and 40%, depending on the gene and the mutation.

In Jolie's case, however, her doctor reportedly said that her mutation carried a 87% risk of breast cancer and a 50% risk of ovarian cancer. She has previously lost her mother, grandmother and aunt to cancer.

Patrick Swayze, may he RIP, also a pilot. Crashed his twin in the desert and walked away from it. Have to look up the final NTSB, but I think it was attributed to carbon monoxide build up and him smoking like a fiend.

Have to look up the final NTSB, but I think it was attributed to carbon monoxide build up and him smoking like a fiend.
That's the final conclusion but the report is a pretty interesting read.

Nauga,
who says, "Hold my beer"

BB King was a private pilot and often flew to gigs until he was 70.

My sister is a doctor who has the same mutation. She had 3 patients with it, one was 32 or so, don’t remember the ages of the other 2, but certainly under 50. They were each given a choice between CAT scans or MRIs every 6 months (can’t remember which) or preventative double mastectomies. Two went for the monitoring; both were cancer-free and healthy at the first checkup, at the second they were both stage 4 and terminal. The third had the double mastectomy and so did my sister.

Angelina is a bit of a weirdo but bravo to her for “getting publicity from it” and spreading awareness. She has certainly helped save many lives.

Whitney lives on, bless her heart.

I believe the famous photographer Jack Fleetwood has a pilot’s license.
Yes! He does! Furthermore he’s one of the celebrities I’ve met face to face. I even had breakfast with him one morning.

The Hollywood narcissists just think they’re celebrities but the air to air guy is a REAL celebrity minus the narcissism.
Oh no... we've gone from famous living pilots, to famous dead pilots, to pilots who are legends... in their own minds!! I'm so famous in aviation that I can go to Oshkosh and not be recognized!

You guys had better set your standards higher, there's terrain down here. :D

Interesting choice, to double down on being rude, when "green woman" or many other polite variations would have sufficed in the first place.
Much of the country can't define what a "woman" is. So I get the description. But even that is not inclusive enough.

Much of the country can't define what a "woman" is. So I get the description. But even that is not inclusive enough.
Whitney wasn't a woman. Biologically at least.

Didn't say so. I was responding to the post about "green woman" as being less crass than the earlier description.
Where's the 'teasing' emoji when I need it? :blowingkisses:

Back