Car Smashed - Insurance Claim Oh Joy

Liberty Mutual called my mom this morning. They told her the letter cancelling her policy was a mistake. Sorry, already changed to USAA. They didn't even ask if she would like to switch back....

Heh. It's a very minor disappointment of mine that dad never used USAA which is a surprise considering he handled his money well. We'd qualify as "family" to use them also if he had. No idea why he never did it.

When we bought a new car for wife about a year ago, I avoided ordering all that nanny crap. I'm not a big fan of cars that go to full emergency braking for no good reason. It's a good way to get rear ended.

As a motorcycle rider that stuff scares me actually, will the automatic cruise and brake systems recognize motorcycles? Especially in traffic where there may be a large vehicle in front of the motorcycle? Will drivers become too reliant on the technology and not be aware of their surroundings?

Some innocent motorcyclists are going to get squished by these these cars.

So, I wonder how all of these various suppliers of the tech handle motorcycle lane splitting? Random emergency braking, lights, and chimes depending on the year, make and model?

Back