Camper Van

My wife and I just drove 4000 miles in a 30' class "A" to Oshkosh and back. 8.8 MPG.

But it was in a 19 year old Winnebago, super clean, that' I bought for 15K. Not fun to drive, but nice in the thunderstorms@OSH.

Not at all what you want, but an example. Cheap/slow/kindagood!

Here's the spec for my Van.
Van. New Ford, GMC or Chevy Cargo van. Short wheelbase. Stock. Leave exterior stock. No running boards
1.Carpet floor
2. Driver and passenger Captain's chairs
3. Velour over masonite walls and ceilin
4. Curtain rod over rear windows
5. Couch that folds to double bed in rear of Van
6. Refrig, stove and sink and cabinet (Im flexible on this one, dont really need them but if feasable and in budget yes)
Should be doable. Simple, low maintenance

Here's the spec for my Van.
Van. New Ford, GMC or Chevy Cargo van. Short wheelbase. Stock. Leave exterior stock. No running boards
1.Carpet floor
2. Driver and passenger Captain's chairs
3. Velour over masonite walls and ceilin
4. Curtain rod over rear windows
5. Couch that folds to double bed in rear of Van
6. Refrig, stove and sink and cabinet (Im flexible on this one, dont really need them but if feasable and in budget yes)

http://shop4seats.com/van-seats/sofas-and-benches/sofa-beds.html

Personally speaking, I'm not a big fan of cooking in small enclosed spaces. Realistically, the stove would only be used to boil water and there are other (and possibly better) ways of accomplishing this task.

Yeah, just have a portable stove and a table and put it outside. Im not sure about he whole stove, sink and icebox thing. The van I had I made do with portable stove, jug of water and an icebox. No cabinets. I use a box for food and supplies. Main thing is to have the bed. And it looks and feels nice.

Disregard the budget. Go big or go home!
https://earthroamer.com

I am freakin obsessed with those things right now!

When I come back to reality and know I am not gonna wanna drop that much cash in a EV, I want a camper van version of the features the Earthromer has...even the high end conversion guys are not building anything close.

Want cheap and roomy and adaptable? - get ye a Honda Element. The 2000's answer to the 1960's VW bus!
Bought one cheap to keep at an airport. Man, these things are roomy and transformable - both front and rear seats fold flat into each other, rear seats can be rotated up to lie flat between B and D pillars, rear seats pop out sans tools, suicide doors are TOO cool for school, good mpg, cheap insurance. Downsides - ground clearance may be an issue (looking into higher profile wheels/tires - pimp it?), radio reception sucks for some reason.

Do a YouTube search and you'll see all sorts of nerd conversion ideas.

....and best of all - my dogs love their new ride!

Oh, and I forgot the best thing - they come in frickin' ALL-WHEEL-DRIVE! Actually can make it up my driveway!

Last edited:
Now tha's what I'm talkin' about:
IMG_3009.JPG

Personally speaking, I'm not a big fan of cooking in small enclosed spaces. Realistically, the stove would only be used to boil water and there are other (and possibly better) ways of accomplishing this task.
My wife serves 6 dinner out of our RV kitchen.

My wife and I just drove 4000 miles in a 30' class "A" to Oshkosh and back. 8.8 MPG.

But it was in a 19 year old Winnebago, super clean, that' I bought for 15K. Not fun to drive, but nice in the thunderstorms@OSH.

Not at all what you want, but an example. Cheap/slow/kindagood!
we average about 9.5 highway

Attachments

• DSCN4214.JPG
    DSCN4214.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 15
My wife serves 6 dinner out of our RV kitchen.
Cool, but I did say "personally speaking". And an RV kitchen is a step up or two from a stove in a van.

Lookup "Wranglerstar" on youtube. He's doing this with a Transit Connect.

Back