Bush intercontinental minimums?

dalealan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
dalealan
Flew into Bush today, after a go around because of slow traffic in front of us we landed at 1:00pm.
It looked like we broke out about 500" with a very good landing. Just wondering what the minimums are? And what the ceilings were at 1 pm?
Dale

Most of the ones I can use go down to 200’ and 1/2 mile. The CatIii approaches the airlines use go lower. 500’ and the long runways make it pretty easy even for me.

HOU and IAH are both good class B airports for GA aircraft to fly into with friendly controllers. The pace at IAH is faster so I went there after Hobby but got treated well. Other than fees the big downside I’ve heard about IAH is that if you tick the controllers off they’ll have you land on one of the outer runways and you’ll be taxiing around for a long time.

Gary

What am I missing, you are flying an approach and you don't know what the minimums for the approach are? Must be me. Ahhh, you were a passenger in an airliner???

12:53 local observation:

KIAH 021853Z 01009KT 5SM BR FEW005 BKN007 OVC014 11/10 A3005 RMK AO2 RAE46 SLP177 P0018 T01060100

Obtained easily from aviationweather.gov, Observations, METARS, bottom right side of screen, select the time frame you want back to 36 hours ago.

This all begs the question, did the PIC have less than 100 hrs of 121 experience in type? If not, did they have >=100 hrs 121 experience in a different type, that they could credit towards that 100 hour requirement? Has my waking life now degenerated to just a constant regurgitation of ATP written test questions and answers?

Rey 27L Cat 3B (actually there is now only Cat2 or Cat 3 - Opspecs determines minimums). RVR 600 feet. Ceiling can be zero

ATL, DEN and a few others have 300 RVR minimums

I have six logged at ATL at 300 RVR

Back