Bryce Canyon UT

Pilawt

Final Approach
Santa Rosita State Park, under the big 'W'
Display Name

Display name:
Pilawt
Some flying buddies from the Northwest flew down to Bryce Canyon, Utah, for a couple of days of hiking and sightseeing last week, so I flew the 172 up from Phoenix to join them. My route took me over the Grand Canyon northbound, and a little out of the way to the east via Tuba City and Meteor Crater on the return trip. Great weather, other than a strong crosswind right across the runway at KBCE.

Besides my 172, the group included two RVs, a Mooney M20E and a beautiful '46 Bellanca 14-13-2.

P5250591_zpstlbwhodg.jpg

P5250662_zpsgyh0ijsg.jpg

P5250666_sepia_zps0f2wkhsr.jpg

P5250714_zpsxbxemxtb.jpg

P5250713_zpsnrgu4zff.jpg

P5260776_zps6om8becj.jpg

P5270836_zpsj7s3pij6.jpg

P5270872_zpsonebhnah.jpg

Great pictures! I flew over Bryce last year and really enjoyed the trip.

Great pics. Illustrates why we go to all the expense and effort to fly.

Exceptionally good photos.

Great area to explore. I used Page AZ as a staging airport to head out to Monument Valley, Rainbow Bridge, Brice, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Meteor Crator, Sunset Volcano, Marble Canyon, and the colorful desert. Page itself has a variety of things to do, too.

Love the pics, but you're making me a bit jealous. :)

We'll be having our 10th Annual Fly-in there this coming Oct 11-15. It's billed as an CT/LSA fly-in, but everyone is welcome! We stage in Page and fly Lake Powell, Marble Canyon, Monument valley, Bullfrog, Escalante, Bryce, Grand Canyon and more. A very casual affair where you can go with a small group, or just do your own thing. Weather is generally perfect that time of year, and we have a great hotel rate. MORE INFO HERE

Thank you for sharing! We wanted to fly over Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park last December but weather decided to be crappie. Made it safely from Page, AZ to Las Vegas, NV that day.

We just finished a motorized raft trip in the canyon. You probably flew over. Beauty around every corner.

Some flying buddies from the Northwest flew down to Bryce Canyon, Utah, for a couple of days of hiking and sightseeing last week, so I flew the 172 up from Phoenix to join them. My route took me over the Grand Canyon northbound, and a little out of the way to the east via Tuba City and Meteor Crater on the return trip. Great weather, other than a strong crosswind right across the runway at KBCE.

Besides my 172, the group included two RVs, a Mooney M20E and a beautiful '46 Bellanca 14-13-2.

P5250591_zpstlbwhodg.jpg

P5250662_zpsgyh0ijsg.jpg

P5250666_sepia_zps0f2wkhsr.jpg

P5250714_zpsxbxemxtb.jpg

P5250713_zpsnrgu4zff.jpg

P5260776_zps6om8becj.jpg

P5270836_zpsj7s3pij6.jpg

P5270872_zpsonebhnah.jpg

Bruce is a great place to fly. Ruby's will pick you up. And there is a shuttle into the park.

Back