Bryan vs Brian

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Reading the 20,000 members thread I see another "Brian" joined.

My whole life I have known that Y is more diverse, useful, all around good letter.

Sometimes it is a vowel like in the word "Studly" "Mighty" as in "The Almighty" or "Fly".
Heck it is in lots of words.
"mastery", "Hearty", "puppy" Everyone loves a puppy

Then along comes "i"
It is in a lot of fine world like "Wimp" "limp" twice in the word "idiot", "Incompetent", "Incontinence" , "impotence"

In the 60's and 70's the name Bryan was popular.
It represented the ultimate in what would become America's super race of powerful, smart, pure, god-like creatures.
Back then the name meant something and it was going to change the world.

The powers that be yelled form the highest mountain:

"We will create this perfect species and we will call it BRYAN with a mutha ***kin 'Y' G*dd**mit!!"

Then along came the hippies (notice the 2 "i"s).

They were wimps that wanted to water down everything and destroy the future of the country.

They liked the name but couldn't handle the power it exuded.
Dads that sat on couches all day high on the pot asked themselves
"how can I give my boy this fantastic name but not make him a dominant alpha-male?
It's the perfect name but he can't work in a bakery or flower shop with it.
I don't want to be in his shadow when he is CEO of 5 companies"

It was about this time that one of the moms came in and said:
"What if we make it softer?"

To which dad replied "Look, I have been smoking this stuff all day. I don't think it can get any softer.
Also it it is talking to me which is off putting"

"Not That!!!" She exclaimed... "And pull up your pants!"
"How can we make that name softer"

Disclaimer: this conversation happened in the 60's which was a different time so please excuse the following comment.
It does not represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse this type of commentary

"Oh honey, you mean you want to name our soon-to-be-born son Bryan but you want to gay it up a bit?"

"YES!!!!" she said in agreement!

"Well what's the weakest letter in the alphabet?" he asked.

She paused blankly trying to think
" I ... I ... Um I.... Well I"

"YES!" he interrupted "Totally! i.
We swap the Y for an i"

Delighted he screamed (like a girl)
WE WILL NAME HIM: BRiAN!

Well, there you have it. And here we are.
We can think the hippies for the downfall of this country, all of our problems. The letter i is ruining everything.

ahem..."isis"
Never would have been a thing if it were "ysys"

See, adding the letter "i" to the name Bryan gave power to a once dying letter.
Just as that letter stole the power from what was BrYan, it gave itself street cred in the transition of power.

Now Bryan doesn't really carry the authority it once did.
People don't really even name their kids that anymore and it is a shame.
Sure, there are still a few of us left that based on apperance alone, you just know "That's Bryan with a muthe ***kin Y right there."

We are however a dying breed.

Sorry America.

We tried.

-Bryan

Last edited:
too bad you don't fly a cooler plane, like a cyrrus.

Thanks for the link. From which I stole unrepentantly.

Brian is an anagram of brain. Bryan is an anagram of Barny.

Which epithet would you prefer to be called while growing up among peers who deconstruct names to create playful insults? Spell your kid's name accordingly.

My whole life I have known that Y is more diverse, useful, all around good letter.

Sometimes it is a vowel like in the word "Studly" "Mighty" as in "The Almighty" or "Fly".

Or... "perversity".

Everyone knows the REALLY cool people have "J"s PRONOUNCED like "Y"s in their name.

Ron WanttaJa

too bad you don't fly a cooler plane, like a cyrrus.

They actually considered it.

They were afraid they would increase the demand for them so much that the price would be forced up even more and it would be unfair to cause more damage to GA.

It was kind of them to help us.

You say you are nobility based on your Y, but your username speaks volumes, SixPapaCharlie! They are even arranged symmetrically. The false prophet has been revealed! The end is nigh!

SixPapaCharlie= Hip Airspace, LAX! :D
SyxPapaCharlye= Cheaply Spray Ax :sad:

I, for one, stand for keeping the i clean and pure, against those who would desecrate it by comparing it to a letter such as Y. It's 2nd to last in the alphabet, what does that tell you?

He who believes the labeling of importance is would also a book by it's cover judge...

Or... "perversity".

Everyone knows the REALLY cool people have "J"s PRONOUNCED like "Y"s in their name.

Ron WanttaJa

Learned something new.
In my head I pronounced it "ha" like Mexican pronunciation.

That's pretty interesting.

Meh, Everyone knows Monty Python was created by the Illumanati to keep the American people on their couches so they could maintain control of the country.

Spelling it with an i in that film was intentional, direct, purposeful, and it worked.

sad...

Please, the Illuminati would have used the evil Y spelling, the Zionists propagate the evil I spelling.

Silly "Y" people. Everyone knows the proper spelling is with an I!!!

-Br I an

:-D

Get a haircut hippie.

I can't grow enough hair to be considered a hippie!

You on the other hand, hmmmmm

tbt.jpg

-Brian

I always thought that "Brian" was the more masculine version of the feministic "Bryan." Now I am not sure at all.

David

I always thought that "Brian" was the more masculine version of the feministic "Bryan." Now I am not sure at all.

David
Now I'm twice as sure!
"Y" sounds like "Why". It is a question because the name is non-gender specific. "Why" sounds whiney.

Famous Brian - Famous Bryan:

Attachments

• brian-boitano-1-660.jpg
    brian-boitano-1-660.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 15
  • star-trek-3-villain-might-be-bryan-cranston-31625c57-bc6f-46db-932e-0a1f74b269d4.jpeg
    star-trek-3-villain-might-be-bryan-cranston-31625c57-bc6f-46db-932e-0a1f74b269d4.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 11
All this time I thought you were named after a wiener.

It's more than good food ... ... It's the flavor of the south!!!

0005340021097_180X180.jpg

Learned something new.
In my head I pronounced it "ha" like Mexican pronunciation.

That's pretty interesting.

The J sounds like Y thing is German. I expect that Chuck Yeager's German ancestors spelled their name Jäger (exact same pronunciation) which means "Hunter". An appropriate name for Yeager.

I remember meeting you at The Blue Hangar several months ago.

You introduced yourself as 'Bryan' and I asked if it was with a y or i. You said y. I asked why your parents could not spell.

I guess I got under your skin. It is sad that a Br'y'an takes several months to generate a rebuttal.

:devil:

You introduced yourself as 'Bryan' and I asked if it was with a y or i. You said y. I asked why your parents could not spell.

I guess I got under your skin. It is sad that a Br'y'an takes several months to generate a rebuttal.

Omyygod. I Remember that. We were tryying to outdo each other. But you prevailed. You go boy.

Dayum, that was awhile ago.
I didn't realize this was you. Hope all is well by the way.

Sorry about the i. You can always go down to the DMV and have is changed. Hell they'd probably take one look at the spelling and do it for free ;)

I always assumed that your parents didn't know how to spell.

When i was growing up (in the last millennium), i was only one of two "Brian"s in my school class (size=500) and while i've know a few "Bryan"s over the years, the majority of the students bearing my name, which increased in numbers beginning in the 1980's, were spelled with an "i".

So, congrats on being special. :)

I always assumed that your parents didn't know how to spell.

When i was growing up (in the last millennium), i was only one of two "Brian"s in my school class (size=500) and while i've know a few "Bryan"s over the years, the majority of the students bearing my name, which increased in numbers beginning in the 1980's, were spelled with an "i".

So, congrats on being special. :)

image.jpg

Reading the 20,000 members thread I see another "Brian" joined.

Then along comes "i"
It is in a lot of fine world like "Wimp" "limp" twice in the word "idiot", "Incompetent", "Incontinence" , "impotence"

In the 60's and 70's the name Bryan was popular.
It represented the ultimate in what would become America's super race of powerful, smart, pure, god-like creatures.
Back then the name meant something and it was going to change the world.

The powers that be yelled form the highest mountain:

"We will create this perfect species and we will call it BRYAN with a mutha ***kin 'Y' G*dd**mit!!"

Then along came the hippies (notice the 2 "i"s).

They were wimps that wanted to water down everything and destroy the future of the country.

They liked the name but couldn't handle the power it exuded.
Dads that sat on couches all day high on the pot asked themselves
"how can I give my boy this fantastic name but not make him a dominant alpha-male?
It's the perfect name but he can't work in a bakery or flower shop with it.
I don't want to be in his shadow when he is CEO of 5 companies"

It was about this time that one of the moms came in and said:
"What if we make it softer?"

To which dad replied "Look, I have been smoking this stuff all day. I don't think it can get any softer.
Also it it is talking to me which is off putting"

"Not That!!!" She exclaimed... "And pull up your pants!"
"How can we make that name softer"

Disclaimer: this conversation happened in the 60's which was a different time so please excuse the following comment.
It does not represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse this type of commentary

"Oh honey, you mean you want to name our soon-to-be-born son Bryan but you want to gay it up a bit?"

"YES!!!!" she said in agreement!

"Well what's the weakest letter in the alphabet?" he asked.

She paused blankly trying to think
" I ... I ... Um I.... Well I"

"YES!" he interrupted "Totally! i.
We swap the Y for an i"

Delighted he screamed (like a girl)
WE WILL NAME HIM: BRiAN!

Well, there you have it. And here we are.
We can think the hippies for the downfall of this country, all of our problems. The letter i is ruining everything.

ahem..."isis"
Never would have been a thing if it were "ysys"

See, adding the letter "i" to the name Bryan gave power to a once dying letter.
Just as that letter stole the power from what was BrYan, it gave itself street cred in the transition of power.

Now Bryan doesn't really carry the authority it once did.
People don't really even name their kids that anymore and it is a shame.
Sure, there are still a few of us left that based on apperance alone, you just know "That's Bryan with a muthe ***kin Y right there."

We are however a dying breed.

Sorry America.

We tried.

-Bryan

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the warm welcome 6PC !! Perhaps my name is actually spelled with a "Y", and I just didn't want everyone here to know my REAL name :goofy:

I must admit you make a persuasive argument (and you may be onto something with the hippies), however my real life experience has tended to show me the opposite :wink2:

Have you struggled with this issue since a child? Maybe a teacher once wrote your name on the chalkboard as "Barny" instead of "Brain" as another poster alluded to... The "Y" is not as diverse as you claim, rather it is internally conflicted with sometimes being used as a vowel and other times as a dirty consonant. When it comes to vowels, the "Y" is just like the Professor and Mary Ann from the theme song of the first season of Gilligan's Island (and the rest) :lol:

Regardless, even If your name Is spelled with a "Y" I'd stIll drink a beer wIth ya :yes:

Cheers!
another BrIan

Last edited:
Brian is an anagram of brain. Bryan is an anagram of Barny.

Which epithet would you prefer to be called while growing up among peers who deconstruct names to create playful insults? Spell your kid's name accordingly.

:lol: yup I still get "Brain" on a daily basis in business correspondence. It used to be a pet peeve when I was much younger, but I've come to accept it...

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the warm welcome 6PC !! Perhaps my name is actually spelled with a "Y", and I just didn't want everyone here to know my REAL name :goofy:

I must admit you make a persuasive argument (and you may be onto something with the hippies), however my real life experience has tended to show me the opposite :wink2:

Have you struggled with this issue since a child? Maybe a teacher once wrote your name on the chalkboard as "Barny" instead of "Brain" as another poster alluded to... The "Y" is not as diverse as you claim, rather it is internally conflicted with sometimes being used as a vowel and other times as a dirty consonant. When it comes to vowels, the "Y" is just like the Professor and Mary Ann from the theme song of the first season of Gilligan's Island (and the rest) :lol:

Regardless, even If your name Is spelled with a "Y" I'd stIll drink a beer wIth ya :yes:

Cheers!
another BrIan

HA!

I think it was later in my 20s when I realized my spelling is the less popular.

But you know, Take the B off my name, and you still have a pretty solid name "Ryan" which is of Viking origin and loosely translates to: "The well hung gentleman"

Take the B off your name and: "rian"

and um...
Rian
\rian\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Rian), is of Gaelic origin.

"Gaelic"????? "Gay-Lick"

Ah thank ya very much, I'll take my "Y"

Welcome to POA! ;)

The only true spelling is with an I....sorry all you Y's

Back