Bryan vs Brian

HA!

I think it was later in my 20s when I realized my spelling is the less popular.

But you know, Take the B off my name, and you still have a pretty solid name "Ryan" which is of Viking origin and loosely translates to: "The well hung gentleman"

Take the B off your name and: "rian"

and um...
Rian
\rian\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Rian), is of Gaelic origin.

"Gaelic"????? "Gay-Lick"

Ah thank ya very much, I'll take my "Y"

Welcome to POA! ;)

Oh my, I literally LOL'd and spit my drink out after reading that :rofl:

Your homo erotic references aside, some believe "Ryan" was derived from "Rian", which would indicate the well hungness was passed on from the "I" ;)

http://www.behindthename.com/name/ryan

"From an Irish surname which was derived from Ó Riain meaning "descendent of Rían". The given name Rían probably means "little king" (from Irish rí "king" combined with a diminutive suffix)."

I'll take my "I" any day of the week thank YOU very much :yes: ;)

Thanks again for the welcome :thumbsup:

eek sorry, I just dug a bit deeper.

"Bryan"
Popularity

us.png
United States ranked #132

Meaning:
Derived From "St. Bryan", Patron Saint of Deez Nuts.

"Brian"
Popularity
us.png
United States ranked #150

Meaning:
Derived from Greek meaning "young goat". Probably gay. A young gay goat.

eek sorry, I just dug a bit deeper.

"Bryan"
Popularity

us.png
United States ranked #132

Meaning:
Derived From "St. Bryan", Patron Saint of Deez Nuts.

"Brian"
Popularity
us.png
United States ranked #150

Meaning:
Derived from Greek meaning "young goat". Probably gay. A young gay goat.

I think now your just making stuff up lol

"Brian" could be pronounced "Bree-Ann"

So you could be a chick or a dude. It's the new metro-sexual spelling.

Pajama boy. :wink2:

I used to know a guy named Brien
I couldn't even make eye contact.

I've noticed that amongst those from Canuckistan, that Bryans seem to outnumber Brians... I figured a lot of Canadians must've named their sons born after the early 80's after Bryan Adams the musician.

HA!

I think it was later in my 20s when I realized my spelling is the less popular.

But you know, Take the B off my name, and you still have a pretty solid name "Ryan" which is of Viking origin and loosely translates to: "The well hung gentleman"

Take the B off your name and: "rian"

and um...
Rian
\rian\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Rian), is of Gaelic origin.

"Gaelic"????? "Gay-Lick"

Ah thank ya very much, I'll take my "Y"

Welcome to POA! ;)

So, you're saying that if you name a kid Brian, they will grow up with an affinity for giving rim jobs? Or is it because there was a rim job involved in the conception act?

In the airline industry I've noticed a lot of the gay flight attendants gravitate towards the Y spelling, as in Bryan.

Around here one of the old-time BBQ joints is called Bryant's. That's Bryan with a "T".

Around here one of the old-time BBQ joints is called Bryant's. That's Bryan with a "T".

That was sort of a black eye on the legend of Bryan.
We don't like to talk about it.

You see after the hippies did their thing with the "i", all the real men got together and decided to fight back. It was too late and the lack of coordination spawned a lot of varieties of the name and it really just confused people.

Occasionally you will come across a Bryant or a Bryann. Rarely you will stumble across the more desperate offshoots like BryanScrewYouri or Mitch.

All dismal failures.

The i's have spoken and given us our newer softer America.

Married Men, the "brian" is why you have 19 pillows on your bed right now and no clue why.

Brian is why your toilet has a fuzzy top on it and why you shave with a 5 bladed plastic razor and moisture enriched, lavender scented cream with aloe.

Bend over, grab your tube of KI Jelly and take it!

God Bless Ameryca!

Last edited:
That was sort of a black eye on the legend of Bryan.
We don't like to talk about it.

You see after the hippies did their thing with the "i", all the real men got together and decided to fight back. It was too late and the lack of coordination spawned a lot of varieties of the name and it really just confused people.

Occasionally you will come across a Bryant or a Bryann. Rarely you will stumble across the more desperate offshoots like BryanScrewYouri or Mitch.

All dismal failures.

The i's have spoken and given us our newer softer America.
Married Men, the "brian" is why you have 19 pillows on your bed right now and no clue why.

Brian is why your toilet has a fuzzy top on it and why you shave with a 5 bladed plastic razor and moisture enriched, lavender scented cream with aloe.

Bend over, grab your tube of KI Jelly and take it!

God Bless Ameryca!

Maybe it's different in Texas but where I'm from all the gays I've met spell it with a Y, just saying. And there will never be 19 pillows on my bed... A hostile take over was attempted once, but all was conquered and only 2 pillows reside on my bed currently. But we all do agree on the Bryant thing.

Back