Bryan Turner of Just Plane Silly talks Aviation Satire - SuperAero LIVE

Care to elaborate, or give us a timestamp? Some of us don't have over an hour to waste on a blabbering idiot...
Bryan’s a really good guy. If you don’t like his humor, don’t watch his material. Some of us (a lot of us?) enjoy his stuff. If you don’t like it, feel free to ignore it but it doesn’t warrant a comment like this that is borderline against the Rules of Conduct.

While KSCDs comment may be a bit harsh, it’s good etiquette to summarize video links (accurately, no click bait), so we can decide if it’s worth our time. And provide time stamp if referring to a portion of the video.

oh, and you fly a high wing!

Oh ya. Low winger, eh? Yeah... Let's climb in an apparatus to gain a different perspective of this mud ball in which we inhabit, only to have a good portion of said apparatus block the view we were seeking in the first place :rolleyes:

:flamesuiton:

...Crap

Oh ya. Low winger, eh? Yeah... Let's climb in an apparatus to gain a different perspective of this mud ball in which we inhabit, only to have a good portion of said apparatus block the view we were seeking in the first place :rolleyes:

:flamesuiton:

...Crap

Right. OR get in a high wing so when u fly u have a great view of the ground u just left.

Give me not only wings, but shelter from the sun and rain. And give me a wing I don't have to be on my hands and knees to tie down or pull a fuel sample.

Low wings are just undignified :p

SixPapaCharlie said:
KSCessnaDriver commented something along the lines of I deserve to be on an NTSB report.
Maybe you just didn't get the joke.

Nauga,
and double standards

Maybe you just didn't get the joke.

Nauga,
and double standards

That's reaching pretty hard.
If you think discussing a comment is the same as reporting someone to an authority for making a joke which is what you are alluding to then you are off base.

That dude hates me which is fine. It is allowed. It is perfectly acceptable to discuss it.
That however is not the same as what you are implying with your "double standard" comment.

Last edited:
Just to clear things up, @SixPapaCharlie did not report the post. Someone else, not on the MC, did. The MC took action, by vote, and deleted a post that violated the ROC. We also issued a warning and cleaned up the thread. A subsequent post by KCCessnaDriver, also deleted, made it clear that the original comment was not a joke.

Just to clear things up, @SixPapaCharlie did not report the post. Someone else, not on the MC, did. The MC took action, by vote, and deleted a post that violated the ROC. We also issued a warning and cleaned up the thread. A subsequent post by KCCessnaDriver, also deleted, made it clear that the original comment was not a joke.

I believe Nauga is just trying to call me a hypocrite without actually saying it.

-Bryan
Who comprehends thinly veiled insults.

Of course it wasn't a joke. I've got my opinion; you have your opinion, isn't America grand. I was just curious to see his (since it wasn't his video but another presenters) and didn't want to spend an hour to do it. He was tolerable up until the whole cheating thing, but that coupled with how it was handled on his end, was enough for me to say what I said. And I'd say it again. I respect what the MC said (it's their house) and I won't express them in the way I did going forward.

@SixPapaCharlie this thread is reminding me to check your channel... you put out some good stuff, sir. We all take what we do seriously when we are flying. Some take things very seriously even when we aren't flying. I get your humor and enjoy it. Some don't. Free country and all that.

Something tells me that you (like me) are the kind of person who doesn't give many Fs if people don't get your sense of humor. Keep it up, please.

@SixPapaCharlie this thread is reminding me to check your channel... you put out some good stuff, sir. We all take what we do seriously when we are flying. Some take things very seriously even when we aren't flying. I get your humor and enjoy it. Some don't. Free country and all that.

Something tells me that you (like me) are the kind of person who doesn't give many Fs if people don't get your sense of humor. Keep it up, please.

I used to care a lot. Like to the point that it was not healthy for me. A video would get 100 positive comments and 1 mean one and I would get really down on myself about it.
Honestly it was sort of that way in real life too. I have a good career and have gotten accolades but I would miff 1 thing up and feel terrible about myself for a long period of time.

The channel has helped me learn what is and isn't important to focus on. This channel will eventually morph into a job for me and that feels like a positive thing.
I have a plan and I am following the plan. If someone doesn't like it, they are not a part of the plan. When someone doesn't get my sense of humor, I give about half an F and ask "Is this real? Did I do something wrong?"
If I did, I try to learn from it. If I didn't, I move onto the next step and I have grown to be able to get it out of my head much more quickly.
This has transcended into my real life as well. I don't beat myself up anymore and I don't get my feelings hurt so to speak when I am criticized.
Honestly the channel has taught me a lot more than just how to do entry level chroma key video tricks ;)

f you don’t like it, feel free to ignore it but it doesn’t warrant a comment like this that is borderline against the Rules of Conduct.

Some do, some don't. not sure about borderlines. IF it's a violation do what you do, IF it's not you can take your own advice.

Some do, some don't. not sure about borderlines. IF it's a violation do what you do, IF it's not you can take your own advice.

his statement is so hypocritical its laughable (I'm not referring to the RoC part, I clearly don't know squat about that). on another forum he gave me a hard time about something so benign I was like, this has to be a joke, it was unbelievable. I actually felt sorry for him that something so silly affected him enough to say anything. my mom would have laughed at it (but then again my mom has a sense of humor). it would have been so easy to just ignore, but he had to chime in while the rest of the thread was all in good spirits with everyone else having a good time. I'm not defending what KSCD said in any way, but what you quoted is laughable.

I love POA and the aviation community. As a whole, pilots tend to be great people and if I didn't like the community I wouldn't be here posting and hanging out in the chat so much.

There's some aspect of the culture though, something embedded in there where it seems like we have a higher than average number of people who have to not only object to anything they don't quite like but make a big deal out of it. What's the male version of a Karen? Or maybe it's just the nature of the internet. Either way it just bums me out to see it and have cool people pushed away from the community because of it.

Most of us find what @SixPapaCharlie does funny, at least most of the time. It isn't hurting anybody, and I really can't understand why anyone would feel the need to whine about it, but again I guess we ARE on the internet.

Life is too short to get worked up over some of this stuff. I find the videos great, and I know a lot of work goes into them.

I like @nauga's taglines as well. Had to go to the sarchasm link to get it.

Life is too short to get worked up over some of this stuff. I find the videos great, and I know a lot of work goes into them.

I like @nauga's taglines as well. Had to go to the sarchasm link to get it.
I like them when they're a bit spicy

AggieMike
And a little Srirachasm

I watched the whole video and candidly thought it was pretty interesting and both parties expressed different perspectives . I tire of watching under or over-edited flying video’s which really lack content or purpose, and there are gobs of those out there. Seems any damn fool with a $300 GoPro can call themselves a “YouTube(r). So SixPapaCharlie’s approach is a welcomed break from some of that mind-numbing stuff. Do I agree with everything he says or does - no and some times I cringe only because as he admits in the video up till now, he hasn’t looked beyond the joke, and sometimes he should.

I believe as a country we are becoming far more polarized than is good for the health of the nation. While there have been thousands of acts of compassion, sacrifice, and generosity by many Americans in the recent months, Covid 19 has unfortunately brought out the worst in perhaps millions as well. I see that polarization here on POA although I think the mods do a respectable job in keeping most posters between the lines. I guess I will never understand the internet mindset of a key board ranger that permits one person or even hundreds of thousand (see Twitter) to bash others, tell outright lies or fabricate conspiracies without a scintilla of proof, all seemly without conscience or even remorse, apparently in some misguided effort to make themselves feel better. I think with respect to the internet, many have lost their ability to be kind. Yet, some of these people can actually decent human beings in person, a point made during the interview.

What's the male version of a Karen?

Drama King is what I was taught by my CFI (not making this up - what he said was aligned with your observation).

Back