Broke my back and need HELP.....

Henning, WFT? In another thread you're suggesting compassion for a young man who killed his child, yet your pithy remark here is euthanasia?

Put it is perspective. Henning thinks that around 4-5 billion people need to die to "balance" the needs of the human race, against the feelings of the planet.

Of course, all those who need to die do not include him, or he'd euthanize to prove he is not a hypocrite about it, but he is better than all those little people...

In all fairness Florida Cracker thinks that many people need to die too but his reasoning is because they are liberals :)

Total cost of my aortic valve replacement last winter would buy a nice late 80's - early 90's A36.

My portion (co-pays, deductible, etc.) of the expense was 1.5x my total annual operating budget for the Mooney.

AND, I'm not in the air yet. Aeromedical will require more tests totaling an additional 5 AMU minimum.

Bah. Genetics. :(

I just may white flag on flying.

LSA? Get back to flying whenever you think you are ready.

In all fairness Florida Cracker thinks that many people need to die too but his reasoning is because they are liberals :)

FC does have an animated way of expressing himself, but I can't recall him expressing liberals should die.....

It was hyperbole.

I took it that way, but henning is the one who thinks parents should be able to abort children until they're sixteen years old, and that the planet needs 2/3rds of the population to die.

I took it that way, but henning is the one who thinks parents should be able to abort children until they're sixteen years old, and that the planet needs 2/3rds of the population to die.

More than that, either that or start providing for them. One way or another, they will die, nature isn't particularly kind at it.

I have to admit, when this thread first started, I suspected that it was sarcasm in response to the "seeking flying friend" thread.

Tony,

I can't do much to help other than to offer support and let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'd help in a heartbeat, but the one doctor you seek ain't here.

I don't get it.

If I were in pain, back broke, and my doctor was not to be found, I'd find another one. You're telling me there is not a good pain/back doctor in all of CA?

Tony, If you need to be away from home for treatment you might want to consider an organization such as Hosts for Hospitals. http://www.hostsforhospitals.org/website/

While Hosts for Hospitals is based in Philadelphia there are likely similar organizations across the country. H for H may even be able to give you resources in other cities that you could contact.

I just can not thank everybody enough. I was able to get an appointment to see a nurses aid monday. We will see what happens with this. More then likely they will throw pain pills at me and send me home. I am not going to allow that to happen. They can keep the pain pills and get me some help. I want to see an MRI nothing but an MRI will show the complete picture. Putting me through more x-rays and CT scans is a waste of the money and my time not to mention what I have to go through.
I am not exaggerating when I say I have about 30 lbs of x-rays that have been done on me over the years. I am surprised I do not glow in the dark.

Here is a story for you all.

Around four months after my neck fusion I was able to walk. I told the wife and my boy we needed to move back to Illinois. I told them, there is something wrong with me and we need to be around family.

So my wife and son packed up a trailer and we headed for Illinois. We get to Kansas City and I break my back. When my back broke it sounded like a gun went off. I was trying to unhook a trailer from a truck. We just did it about an hour before this. But this time my back broke. My son was next to me and he heard it. I go down.

We were just down the street from a trauma center. They put me in the back seat and we go to this center.

I see the doctor and tell him. " I broke my back. I need an MRI, but you will send me for an x-ray, then bring me back here and tell me I pulled a ligament. Then you will give me a shot and send me on my way"

Guess what happened. Took me down for x-ray, said I pulled a ligament, gave me a shot and send me away.

I happened to be at my sisters when this happened and we spent the night. the next morning guess who calls. The Trauma center asking if I could come back for I indeed do have a broken back.

I spend some time in the hospital waiting on my body cast. I could do nothing without it. When I got it the doctor told me to go home. I told him I have 900 miles to travel in a monster truck before I get home. He could not believe this.

We come straight here to springfield Il. I make an appoint to see a back surgeon here. We go in and see this man. He looks at me in the body cast and said. " Just what are you doing in that, there is nothing wrong with you, as he holds the x-ray up to the light. I want you out of that cast. I could not get out of this mans office fast enough.

I have more stories worse then that, but that was number 1.

It gets worse I mean WAY worse.

Ambulance was called to come get me. I go into the hospital. The doctors come in and tell me there is nothing they can do for me. They have two big dudes come and carry me out to my jeep. I can not walk not at all.

I have my mom drive me to another hospital, I spent two weeks in ICU. get this. My dad and I have the same name. No Jr, or Sr. earlier that day my dad went into the hospital this same hospital. I did not know it, they told him there was nothing they could do for him. Then a few hrs later I come in by ambulance. They thought it was the same person. I have the CEO of this hospital on tape admitting this.

But it gets worse then this..WAY worse....

I have no faith in the doctors around here. I will not get the treatment needed it will be drugs and home. I will be told to live with it.

I say its about MONEY. or lack of on my part.

hope you can find comfort. Maybe a University hospital nearby?

The wife and I drive to Peoria to see this doctor who rebuild bones. Something about a balloon is used then cement or something like this.

The doctor walks in as he is reading my chart. He looks at me and said. " I can not help you for they have mixed your records up with someone in there 70s or 80s for I only see people with these problems who are of that age." he walked out of the room. As he is walking out I said. Denial is not just a river....

hope you can find comfort. Maybe a University hospital nearby?

It was a university hospital that sent me to a head shrink when I was in my early 30s. I told the doctors I believe there was something wrong with me. I told them my bones hurt. They said it was all in my head.

After I was told I have Osteoporosis I was told my bones will hurt. I said No F###### SH##. I have been complaining of this for over 10 years.

I agree with you when you say there is no faith in doctors anymore. They're really don't seem to care one bit about the patients. They seem annoyed unless the can get payed the big bucks. It sounds like you have had a rough road, but even at 53 and the condition you are in you can't lose hope. And you are right in saying all they will do is throw pain pills at you, they don't want to fix problems anymore, they want to dope everyone up and mask the problem. Hope everything works out for you. But do homework, or have someone do it for you. There are many doctors out there.

If you already have a relationship with Dr. Peters why don't you contact him and see what he suggests? It could be either a referral or going to California. Flying to Orange County from Illinois isn't really that much different than flying to Vail, maybe easier. You might even be able to do it nonstop from Midway on Southwest.

Here's his website which someone posted before.

http://www.newportspinemd.com/about.html

Not all Doctors are like this. Living in Vail and Pebble Beach I found some really good doctors. I say its a geographical location thing.

In Vail I found some of the most caring doctors and staff. Even the ambulances was different. As soon as they put me in the ambulance it was all about keeping me comfortable.

Here a couple days ago it was about getting me to the hospital. By the time we arrived I was so sick I was throwing up, and not from pain meds, they gave me nothing, I was put on a board and nothing for pain.

In Vail I had a 30 min ambulance ride and it was nothing. Its a geographical thing.

Go to Dharma.org, find a Vipassna course. Meditation is the best course for pain control, don't be scared of where you go though.

How in any way does ranting on a pilot board help this guy's back pain? Despite all of his trolling he thinks he has the answers, despite seeing multiple different physicians. Hopefully he will find someone who agrees with his own diagnosis and treatment plan and he ultimately gets better. He should look up personality disorder as well.

How in any way does ranting on a pilot board help this guy's back pain? Despite all of his trolling he thinks he has the answers, despite seeing multiple different physicians. Hopefully he will find someone who agrees with his own diagnosis and treatment plan and he ultimately gets better. He should look up personality disorder as well.

You have not a clue what you speak. I have the MRI's to prove my case.

Sorry I happen to know what is going on with my body. If I break a bone I know it. Telling me I did not will not change a thing.

Tony

Last edited:
AcroBoy, you sound like the Dr. standing there reading my chard and saying. They have mixed up your records with someone else, no one your age has these problems.

You are the one with the " Personality " disorder....

Tony

First I was not ranting but looking for some help. You have a problem with this, get in your airplane and fly to 3is5 and see me face to face.

First I was not ranting but looking for some help. You have a problem with this, get in your airplane and fly to 3is5 and see me face to face.

That's the thing.

What help are you asking for?

It's not at all obvious.

In your first post, you asked for a place to crash, but then you ruled it out.

I agree completely that you are in desperate need of help.

Anyone that actually cares can look up histrionic personality disorder as an example of a personality disorder as exemplified by the OP.

Anyone that actually cares can look up histrionic personality disorder as an example of a personality disorder as exemplified by the OP.

According to wiki, it's every stripper I've ever met. :lol:

You may want to tread lightly when using that line of persuasion. At this point it looks like you've suggested some alternatives the OP should look into, but you have now become emotionally involved to the point of making yourself look troubled yourself. The OP at least has physical pain that might be pointed to for an excuse, but you haven't even that much.

More to the point, if your intent now is to belittle the OP, what does this achieve? Does it help him? Does it help you? Someone else?

Based solely upon his responses, I suggested that he might in fact have mental health issues that were more the basis of his problems than an actual physical condition. You are the one assuming and suggesting that mental health issues are somehow pejorative or less real than physical conditions. To individuals who have these problems and the people around them, mental health issues are indeed very real. He even said himself that he had a psych eval, which he discredited.

Are you suggesting that mental health issues are any less significant than physical ones?

And, pain is obviously subjective- why is it acceptable to have endless circular posts about physical ailments, yet suggesting that his problem might be related to mental health issues is less valid or even insulting or insensitive? Tell that to the vets with TBI or ptsd.

All pain is a mental condition, the signals don't become pain until they register in the brain, that's why meditation works for pain control when medication starts failing.

Based solely upon his responses, I suggested that he might in fact have mental health issues that were more the basis of his problems than an actual physical condition. You are the one assuming and suggesting that mental health issues are somehow pejorative or less real than physical conditions.

Post 64 contains the words "ranting" and "trolling". Anything you posted after that is as transparent as glass.

To individuals who have these problems and the people around them, mental health issues are indeed very real. He even said himself that he had a psych eval, which he discredited.

Bias in selecting facts or you misread what the OP wrote. He was found to have osteoporosis only after the eval. He has MRI showing physical damage.

Are you suggesting that mental health issues are any less significant than physical ones?

Golly gee no, that would be awful of me. I'm suggesting you should probably shut up now for your and the OP's own good. The OP has been posting to this forum for several years and this is the first time I recall him mentioning any such medical problem of his own. He did lose a son several years ago but it didn't seem to affect his posts to PoA.

And, pain is obviously subjective- why is it acceptable to have endless circular posts about physical ailments, yet suggesting that his problem might be related to mental health issues is less valid or even insulting or insensitive? Tell that to the vets with TBI or ptsd.

The error the OP made was not rigorously thinking out a viable plan of action before posting. I've had pain from gallstones and found it interfered some with my analytical thinking just a tad - I figure the same might be true of the OP.

I used to be a bit suspicious of pain patients. But after one jaunt through an emergency spinal surgery I am a bit more understanding.

I used to be a bit suspicious of pain patients. But after one jaunt through an emergency spinal surgery I am a bit more understanding.

How did you hurt your back and today are you ok?

People have posted about their cats, dogs, birds and about every other thing on this board or forum. But I get accused of all sorts of things if I post something not aviation related.

Most believe if you are not bleeding or have an arm ripped off or a bone sticking out you are not in any pain.

You have no idea how many times people look at me and say, just what are you doing using a cane, nothing wrong with you. I had a group of people try to beat me one night when out for this reason. It took a couple people who knew me to keep the mop off me.

People judge you on how you look. How does one see Osteoporosis or its effects its having on a person. Some believe they know it all.

So people like AcroBoy I flip them the middle finger and smile doing it.

Tony

P.S. My plan of action was to try and get back to my surgeon. He is the best and a good plan. If you need surgery you want the best. But after I found he moved to CA. I lost hope. I had a plan, but it fell apart like my bones.

Last edited:
How did you hurt your back and today are you ok?

People have posted about their cats, dogs, birds and about every other thing on this board or forum. But I get accused of all sorts of things if I post something not aviation related.

Most believe if you are not bleeding or have an arm ripped off or a bone sticking out you are not in any pain.

You have no idea how many times people look at me and say, just what are you doing using a cane, nothing wrong with you. I had a group of people try to beat me one night when out for this reason. It took a couple people who knew me to keep the mop off me.

People judge you on how you look. How does one see Osteoporosis or its effects its having on a person. Some believe they know it all.

So people like AcroBoy I flip them the middle finger and smile doing it.

Tony

P.S. My plan of action was to try and get back to my surgeon. He is the best and a good plan. If you need surgery you want the best. But after I found he moved to CA. I lost hope. I had a plan, but it fell apart like my bones.

I'm sensitive to others with "invisible" pain and issues. It's the same way with brain injury.

I believe you.

I also see you taking on the persona of "victim" in your last paragraph.
From Colorado to California is not - in and of itself - an insurmountable leap.
Empower yourself.
Contact the doctor and start working on plans B - Q.
There are many here who could and would help you make whatever needs to happen happen ... Just need more to go on than a general plea and surrender.

Fasting is the Judeo Christian acceptable way to time your meeting with God on your own terms.

Back