British Columbia Mountain Flight

Awesome video and scenery! I love that area.

Well done! You're a video editing natural. A fellow CT owner lives in that area and posts some crazy awesome videos... under the user-name ICEYtheCT

Beautiful!

Looks like a 172?

Mighty fine editing job too!

Nice video and nice editing. Yep, it's a lot of work to edit those.

Sneaking in the theme to the Great American Hero and the irony of that for a flight in Canada, was funny. :)

This is our other flight, a few days before we started the cruise. This was a big editing job for me. I'm in awe of the folks who post YouTube videos all the time.

If you watch it on the YouTube site and and like it, please, as the saying goes, "SMASH that Like button!"

Yea, editing video is tedious and time consuming, you work for hours on a video, so some bozo on the internet just has to click on it and then proceed to tell you how much your video sucks and your song sucks, etc.

Nice video by the way!

Wowzers that's some mountain flying

It
Gotta be really calm to fly that close to terrain.
It's not quite as close as it looks. It helped we had two experienced mountain pilots on board (including me) and always had an out. If I recorded and included cockpit audio, you would have heard my recurring questions whenever we were heading into something I couldn't see for myself: asking where we were coming out and exactly how we were maneuvering once inside.

Love BC. I may retire there.

I live and work in BC. Born and raised here. And I can't afford to retire in BC. The rest of Canada and some other countries all want to live and retire here, too, and they're driving housing costs up insanely. In our city of about 90K people, the average selling price of a house is now north of $500K. In Vancouver, and old three-bedroom bungalow can set you back a couple of million. Those folks sell out, come here and willingly pay big bucks for nice houses and still have lots of cash in the bank.

BC's climate is quite temperate. Most of the southern half doesn't get all that cold in the winter, and the southern interior actually gets quite hot. We've seen temps at or above 100°F recently. But we're also having numerous huge wildfires that are smoking and choking us all out, burning properties in and around smaller communities, forcing thousands to evacuate, and costing an awful lot of fire suppression money. The only thing good about the smoke is the reduction in temperature; it blocks the sun's radiation.

I live and work in BC. Born and raised here. And I can't afford to retire in BC. The rest of Canada and some other countries all want to live and retire here, too, and they're driving housing costs up insanely. In our city of about 90K people, the average selling price of a house is now north of $500K. In Vancouver, and old three-bedroom bungalow can set you back a couple of million. Those folks sell out, come here and willingly pay big bucks for nice houses and still have lots of cash in the bank.

BC's climate is quite temperate. Most of the southern half doesn't get all that cold in the winter, and the southern interior actually gets quite hot. We've seen temps at or above 100°F recently. But we're also having numerous huge wildfires that are smoking and choking us all out, burning properties in and around smaller communities, forcing thousands to evacuate, and costing an awful lot of fire suppression money. The only thing good about the smoke is the reduction in temperature; it blocks the sun's radiation.

I am sort of looking at land in the Ft Nelson area. Where the crowds don't like to go is where I like to be. I was looking at a business in Whitehorse but I didn't have the money at the time.

And smoke clears out the mosquitos....:)

I am sort of looking at land in the Ft Nelson area. Where the crowds don't like to go is where I like to be. I was looking at a business in Whitehorse but I didn't have the money at the time.

And smoke clears out the mosquitos....:)
Haha, I've been to Ft. Nelson. That's way up there...

It sure is. And it's on the east side of the Rockies, which is a nice way of saying that it gets a lot colder than on the west side.

What a great flight!
and the video, well done.

That's pretty much exactly how I like to fly in the xplane sim. One day....one day....

Me too. And across the river to Dawson Creek as well. More than a few times to both, I am sad to say.
Now that the new BC government has successfully helped kill off their LNG export projects, maybe they'll just sell those towns East of the Rockies to Alberta...

Wow, that was gorgeous. Having just come from flying the Northern part of BC and the glacial beauty there, and what I see in your video to the South, BC in its totality is amazing.

Back