Fiveslide

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Fiveslide
https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comments/c6o3te/stolen_cessna_172_from_kwvi/

t3_c6o3te

Has this been posted here?

If it has ADS-B, should be easy to find!
And ... someone has turned it off, apparently (flight records are available, but none from the last few days.)

Nothing in FlightAware, but what about asking for an ADS-B report? I don't know if that provides any location detail.

If you’re going to steal an airplane, why a 172??

I mean, they’re cool and all, but still....

Agree. Steal a 206 and you can run more drugs per flight.

I have a FlightAware configure to send me an email when it detects my plane. Gives me time and location.

Tom

I fly KWVI all the time. Did the security cameras show anything?

It probably helps that they haven't change the gate codes there in 15+ years. :rollercoaster:

They narrowed down the date of the theft to an 8 month range? That's some good police work alright...

I think it's the owner, not the police.

"I parked it on the ramp April 4th, and when I went to the airport on December 10th to put Christmas lights on it, I discovered it was gone."

:D

"I parked it on the ramp April 4th, and when I went to the airport on December 10th to put Christmas lights on it, I discovered it was gone.":D

So an airplane shaped sculpture was stolen. :confused: Think the thieves did a thorough pre-flight? :D

I think it's the owner, not the police.

"I parked it on the ramp April 4th, and when I went to the airport on December 10th to put Christmas lights on it, I discovered it was gone."

:D

Sounds like this dude is a charter member of the Ornamental Aircraft Association.

Some people will steal a 1/32 scale model of a 172. Never mind the real thing. But, I see what you're saying. Probably the only plane they feel comfortable to fly and it was left out available.

Back