Boeing moving HQ from Chicago to Arlington VA

I'd rather them move back to where the products are designed and built
yup!

The minute McDonnel took over the whole company changed. It's not 707 / 727 / 747 / 777 Boeing anymore. It's a shareholder conglomerate building cheap crap. If any one is following the KC-767 debacle that's such an emberassment and waste of tax dollars. Should have just stayed with the original A330 design, which was the true and original winner of the competition

Maybe closer to The Capitol Building, the White House and the Lobbying Industry is what it's about.
Which is why the move from Seattle to Chicago. Over the Pole routes to customers and going to DC was a day trip instead of 2 days for the Execs.

Frankly I'm surprised they stayed as long as they did. But the 60 million in incentives expired last year and the mayor with "the biggest D in the city" couldn't incentivize them enough to stay.

Are they moving 40,000 sf or 400,000? Wouldn’t be a surprise if it’s basically space for lobbying efforts and customer relations with the rest of whatever they currently have being empty due to telework

If they're basically a lobbying company that makes airplanes, it doesn't speak well for the airplanes if they have to move their HQ closer to the people they're lobbying. Maybe they'll start making light rail, too, if they don't already. DC likes those.

Closer to the Pentagon. It’s only a couple hundred people, maybe less.

If they're basically a lobbying company that makes airplanes, it doesn't speak well for the airplanes if they have to move their HQ closer to the people they're lobbying. Maybe they'll start making light rail, too, if they don't already. DC likes those.
Correction: Making light rail, AGAIN. Though it could be argued that the Boeing PRT wasn't, strictly speaking, a rail system.

Ron Wanttaja

Correction: Making light rail, AGAIN. Though it could be argued that the Boeing PRT wasn't, strictly speaking, a rail system.

Ron Wanttaja

I didn't know that was Boeing! I also didn't know that it was still in service. I've never ridden on it, but know people that did...when it was running. The cars used to be off-white, like a bad sci-fi movie. The best that they can brag about it is that it hasn't killed anyone..but the part that makes me smile is it's probably the only personal rapid transit system in the country, it only serves one university, and it's effectively powered by coal. Can't make this stuff up.

boeing office.png
Closer to the Pentagon. It’s only a couple hundred people, maybe less.
You can walk to the Pentagon from the Boeing offices in Arlington....been there done it. It's a rather large building that can hold hundreds.

Maybe improve quality; for example build a spacecraft that doesn't have parts fall off when being transported on a truck, or build a refueling plane where the boom operator can see the plane to be refueled, or..........

Nah .... let's move our headquarters! It worked so well when moved to Chicago to be next to United, let's do it again!

Back